First Presumptive Coronavirus Case in Jefferson Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m struggling to see how it’s “just like the flu”. Does Italy quarantine millions of people every year due to the flu? I love the coronavirus on back of the Lysol container as proof there is nothing different about this virus. I don’t understand the rush to buy water because I doubt we will be without water but I’m not opposed to buying a few extra things of toilet paper. If for some reason Baton Rouge would become a hot spot for people infected, I’d prefer to not need to go to Costco etc. I also believe Americans are too spoiled and selfish to self quarantine, it simply will not work here. It never hurts to be a little cautious when you have children, grandchildren or elderly relatives you take care of. I’m sure most of us will shake it off without much bother but I’d hate to know I gave it to my parents or other family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Over-blown or under-blown, unless you believe that 5G is the problem and not an actual virus you ain’t ‘woke’ enough. Yes there is some cooky YouTube goobers who actually believe it’s radio waves and not an actual virus. This is right up there with the wolf reintroduction to end hunting to eliminate guns in the US conspiracy theory. Lord knows there’s a lot of mouth-breathing water-heads out there.
    I hung in till 19:22, out of morbid curiosity. Who can go the distance?

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There have been a lot of negative tests for flu this past winter, we probably had some Coronavirus cases in those negative flu tests.

In addition to those negative flu tests, it has been reported by people on the font lines that the CDC is not testing a lot of cases that are called in for possible cases.

Combine those two events, we have probably been living with Corona virus for months and it is not as bad as people make it out to be, probably no worse than the flu, if it is even that bad.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    So, who stands to benefit from all the hype and hysteria from a “pandemic?”

Democrats because they can blame Trump?
    Democrats because they can point to the stock market and say, “Look at your 401k’s, NOW!”
    Banks because the FED lowered interest rates and now people are enticed to borrow money?
    Wall Street so they can sell off high and buy back when it hits bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There have been a lot of negative tests for flu this past winter, we probably had some Coronavirus cases in those negative flu tests.

In addition to those negative flu tests, it has been reported by people on the font lines that the CDC is not testing a lot of cases that are called in for possible cases.

Combine those two events, we have probably been living with Corona virus for months and it is not as bad as people make it out to be, probably no worse than the flu, if it is even that bad.

I believe you are right the ‘Coronavirus’ is a common virus, and many Americans have probably had it over the years and didn’t know it, but I don’t believe this is an natural mutation of the common ‘Coronavirus.’

Don’t get me wrong I’m not fixing to peddle an off the wall conspiracy, but this virus has been pretty rough on the Chinese, and based on conversations with folks who were in the Beijing Olympics the Chinese would have to have a pretty sturdy immune system just to survive every day life. Keep in mind the Chinese government did their best to make Beijing and the other host cities look inviting and less like the third world.

Now the first cases that made the news were in a town called Wuhan. I have no I idea of it cleanliness, but Wuhan has a infectious disease lab and one of the doctors I believe was one of the first to contract this version of the Coronavirus.

No I’m not going to tell you I believe this is some sort of weaponized virus, but I think it’s likely some of the employees there may have accidentally been infected or been carriers of this virus.

The only part of this theory that may have dubious a nature would be their government is trying to save face. But let’s be honest what government wouldn’t if their people accidentally caused this.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I’m struggling to see how it’s *just like the flu*. Does Italy quarantine millions of people every year due to the flu? I love the coronavirus on back of the Lysol container as proof there is nothing different about this virus. I don’t understand the rush to buy water because I doubt we will be without water but I’m not opposed to buying a few extra things of toilet paper. If for some reason Baton Rouge would become a hot spot for people infected, I’d prefer to not need to go to Costco etc. I also believe Americans are too spoiled and selfish to self quarantine, it simply will not work here. It never hurts to be a little cautious when you have children, grandchildren or elderly relatives you take care of. I’m sure most of us will shake it off without much bother but I’d hate to know I gave it to my parents or other family members.

Agreed!

I am speculating Italy's "all or nothing" approach is to just take it in the ass economically (metaphorically speaking), all at once, and then hope the damage is done and over and move on! It sure is one hell of a bold move by them. Although no one I have heard has addressed whether or not a person builds immunity to this after actually having it!?! So, there is that.

A bigger concern for me is the weak mindedness of our own citizenry as a whole. Sure; some preparedness? But this widespread "subtle" panic is scaring me. It is signaling loud and clear, at least to me, this country is not even close to managing a potentially more deadly crisis. If this virus is causing this, don't even try to consider a massive small pox outbreak, or any other much more lethal and quick spreading pathogen or virus.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The most troubling thing about this new coronavirus is the extended asymptomatic period where the virus is highly transmissible.
    This makes it very easy for it to cross borders and spread at will.
    Add to that the mutagenic nature the virus has in order to survive hostile environments makes this a true pandemic that should not be ignored.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
    I’m not in a panic but am fully prepared to deal with it for myself and my family.
    Hopefully it’s nothing but I don’t think that’s true.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The most troubling thing about this new coronavirus is the extended asymptomatic period where the virus is highly transmissible.
    This makes it very easy for it to cross borders and spread at will.
    Add to that the mutagenic nature the virus has in order to survive hostile environments makes this a true pandemic that should not be ignored.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
    I’m not in a panic but am fully prepared to deal with it for myself and my family.
    Hopefully it’s nothing but I don’t think that’s true.

Nature finds a way!

Whether we are in its way this time, anyone's guess. :dunno:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    DVwCA7V.jpg

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...irus/289-41a920b9-a3fe-4454-b681-9ffbb8cd108f

Looks like lime disease too...

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    2 MORE in NOLA! We're all gonna die!!!!!! AUGHHHHHH :run:

Corona is gonna getcha,
    Corona is gonna getcha,
    Corona is gonna getchaaaa
    Corona is gonna getchaaaaa, TONIGHT!

(Maimi Sound Machine's new release... And now you're singing it in your head...):dogkeke:

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Internet memes can be quite inaccurate at best.
    Were the above message posted at a physician’s office, which I’m quite certain it wasn’t, I’d never go to that Doc.
    You’re free to do you but understand that public health issues effect everyone.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Internet memes can be quite inaccurate at best.
    Were the above message posted at a physician’s office, which I’m quite certain it wasn’t, I’d never go to that Doc.
    You’re free to do you but understand that public health issues effect everyone.

Bingo

Top Bottom