First Presumptive Coronavirus Case in Jefferson Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Now the nba isn’t playing, SEC baseball isn’t playing, and no fans allowed at march madness. I’m still struggling to see why all of these entities are losing millions and billions on hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Public health decisions surrounding coronavirus are a lose/lose proposition.
    If no restrictions are put in place and the pandemic worsens, everyone will be upset that nothing was done.
    If tight restrictions are put in place and the pandemic does not take hold, everyone will be upset that *useless* restriction of personal freedoms were implemented for no reason since the virus never really seemed to be an issue since it was contained.
    I prefer the latter; I’d much rather be healthy and miss a few weeks of life as per usual than be sick but able to go out for entertainment.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Now the nba isn’t playing, SEC baseball isn’t playing, and no fans allowed at march madness. I’m still struggling to see why all of these entities are losing millions and billions on hype.

Well you know me (the voice of reason here), I believe this is all out of an over abundance of caution. The pervasiveness is what’s so alarming not necessarily it’s pathology. It doesn’t seem to be nearly as deadly as they have made it out to be, but supposedly has similar symptoms to the flu, and the Flu is quite unpleasant.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Public health decisions surrounding coronavirus are a lose/lose proposition.
    If no restrictions are put in place and the pandemic worsens, everyone will be upset that nothing was done.
    If tight restrictions are put in place and the pandemic does not take hold, everyone will be upset that *useless* restriction of personal freedoms were implemented for no reason since the virus never really seemed to be an issue since it was contained.
    I prefer the latter; I’d much rather be healthy and miss a few weeks of life as per usual than be sick but able to go out for entertainment.

You make a great point on the public policy. Also there are too many variables for me to say what I would prefer. It really comes down to a likelihood of contracting it in the varying scenarios.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I respect the right of Private entities to do as they wish as far as canceling events, I think it is going overboard, but it is their decision. I am against the government stepping in and forcing private organizations from operating inside this country. The international travel bans I actually think are within the scope of what the Federal government is allowed to do. The CDC and FDA got in the way of early testing because they wanted the labs that did the testing to be medicaid/medicare approved facilities. They actually sent a cease and desist order to one of the early labs that had a good test for Covid-19 AND confirmed cases. Those cases where not counted originally due to the test not being done by CDC methods (which they didn't have at the time and when they did come up with them they didn't work) and not a facility that was on the medicaid/medicare tit of the government. Who knows if they ever got added to the tally.

I still believe we have been living with this virus for months and they have been the cause of people getting the "Flu" who got a flu shot and the fact that a lot of Flu-like cases have tested negative for the flu.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    You make a great point on the public policy. Also there are too many variables for me to say what I would prefer. It really comes down to a likelihood of contracting it in the varying scenarios.

This is true.
    We each have our own patterns of daily life; some of us may never become exposed to a new disease vector since we live/work away from highly populated areas.
    It all comes down to risk mitigation, something public health decisions make a broad swipe at.
    The risk of the majority is attenuated over the risk of the minority or individual exemption.
    Again, no winning regardless of outcome.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Fran U (Formally Our lady of the lake college) is in the process of shutting down their campus "Indefinitely". They stressed this was not a temporary closure, but a closure until further notice and that staff would likely not meet with students again this semester.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Fran U (Formally Our lady of the lake college) is in the process of shutting down their campus "Indefinitely". They stressed this was not a temporary closure, but a closure until further notice and that staff would likely not meet with students again this semester.

Now that I cant support. I received an Alumni email form my Alma Mater. Saying all activities of 50 or more was cancelled until April 30. Spring break would be extended until March 30th. And students should be prepared because classes could resume in a digital platform after spring break.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA

A second Utah Jazz player tests positive for coronavirus from CNN

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

ALL SEC sports have been postponed, not just baseball.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    NY is doing drive through testing. We need some local gun shops to do the same. Why not? We have drive through daiquiri shops. Lol it would be free advertising for the shop when the media hears about it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The coronavirus has stopped the Weinermobile as well.

tyst3qjunmpy8wuko3x.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    When I posted that it was just baseball. I’m waiting for my sons high school baseball to get canceled.

Yea, we were told baseball first, but the SEC ended up cancelling everything.

The charity fundraiser we go to every year at UNO was cancelled due to the school closing up and going to online classes.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Fellas. Please help us pharmacist out and do not call freaking out and asking for additional couple months of medicine to be filled with you just picked it up a week ago. And expect Medicaid to pay for it! They don’t pay for meds early. And my phone has been off the hook since I walked in this morning

Top Bottom