Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sitting in the car in a parking lot. Two women walk out wearing masks. One on her face, the other on her head, because she lit up her cigarette the moment she broke the plane of the doorway. Seems logical.

People are stupid.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I was stuck at work and little ceasers was the only thing I could grab. I needed to keep the box because I was eating in my unit so I wiped it with so many alcohol wipes the color came off. I figured it should have helped some LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So what did you do to protect yourself from the grease?

Taking your life into your own hands with that Little Caesars.

:dogkeke:

Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't rely on mortality statistics so much. There is a large percentage of deaths being "padded" just because a patient tested positive for covid-19. If the Dr pronounces a death of a patient WITH underlying conditions and patient was tested positive for covid-19 then the hospital gets 13000.00 from Medicaid. If a patient dies solely from covid-19 then it's triple. Correct me if I'm wrong (just heard this on Fox news last night).

My point is, it makes you wonder EXACTLY who is dying exclusively from covid-19. If someone got hit by a bus and has a collapsed lung and soon after gets tested and found to positive with the virus, can the Dr say he or she died from the virus or collapsed lung?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    People are stupid.

No doubt. We just went to pick up some food and when I walked up to order, I saw a lady holding a pair of gloves walking up behind me. When she walked back to her car, after putting her gloves on to read the menu, she dropped something on the ground, picked it up, wiped her face, then started playing on her phone. Put the phone to her ear and got in her car, still wearing the gloves...

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Don't rely on mortality statistics so much. There is a large percentage of deaths being "padded" just because a patient tested positive for covid-19. If the Dr pronounces a death of a patient WITH underlying conditions and patient was tested positive for covid-19 then the hospital gets 13000.00 from Medicaid. If a patient dies solely from covid-19 then it's triple. Correct me if I'm wrong (just heard this on Fox news last night).

My point is, it makes you wonder EXACTLY who is dying exclusively from covid-19. If someone got hit by a bus and has a collapsed lung and soon after gets tested and found to positive with the virus, can the Dr say he or she died from the virus or collapsed lung?

Where are you getting your data from?
    This is a bold statement, especially about the reimbursement rate.
    I do not believe this.
    Need better than, *I heard it on fox news.....*

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    EVGBqjkXQAI-7Vn

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension

Rush keeps making that point and as much as it pains me to disagree with him (and you) just because you have a condition doesn't mean you were gonna die because of it "right now." Rush himself for example, if God forbid, he gets the Kung Flu and it kills him; I would say that it was the virus. He still has a chance of beating the cancer.
    If you're CV19 positive and get hit by a bus, that's kinda different. The bus killed you.

EVLUQrgVAAAhxCR.jpg

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    One thing I think that is throwing me off a little is I’ve heard repeatedly (don’t ask me to cite I don’t remember) ‘it can stay in the air for up go 3 hours’ but usually when you release something aerosolized it floats downward and lands on something. Honestly how long could one anticipate these aerosolized droplets to remain suspended? The way you guys explain it make me believe the people reporting 3 hours are fear mongering.

You weren't imagining it! I heard it too, and not from a friend's cousin's uncle. It was on either the local news or national news. I will try to find out who it was that stated it.

Now, that was quite a while back (maybe last week or so), so of course, there is no update on what would be a very scary aspect of the virus if true. To me, that is a big deal! Which is why I am constantly wondering why we have so many unanswered questions about this. I mean, the entire world is affected and should all be working around the clock to come up with reliable substantiated scientific facts about this.

Those fukcing Chinese and the WHO have made the entire world's scientific community suspicious of each others findings!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You weren't imagining it! I heard it too, and not from a friend's cousin's uncle. It was on either the local news or national news. I will try to find out who it was that stated it.

Now, that was quite a while back (maybe last week or so), so of course, there is no update on what would be a very scary aspect of the virus if true. To me, that is a big deal! Which is why I am constantly wondering why we have so many unanswered questions about this. I mean, the entire world is affected and should all be working around the clock to come up with reliable substantiated scientific facts about this.

Those fukcing Chinese and the WHO have made the entire world's scientific community suspicious of each others findings!

Well I heard it as late as this week on the radio (news guy not a taking head). But Cheesy or someone made a good point air circulation would likely have to keep it aloft. Which would be less probable to go the distance.

But On the lighter side of pandemic talk, I heard on the W&J show that you can spread it by aerosolized feces aka FARTS. So if you got the rona hold in the Air biscuits.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    But On the lighter side of pandemic talk, I heard on the W&J show that you can spread it by aerosolized feces aka FARTS. So if you got the rona hold in the Air biscuits.

Interesting thought.
    I’d say that it would have a less than likely chance to cause infection.
    Let’s just say that flatulence contains aerosolized virus fixed onto moisture.
    First, it would have to pass through two layers of a vapor barrier (i.e., underwear and outer garment.)
    That would remove some effluent.
    Then it would have to defy the downward force produced by the rectum (unless a person has an open stoma, which would produce horizontal motion of the flatus) and travel in convective forces to reach another’s mucous membranes.

Hmmm.

Maybe we should invent N95 underwear.
    We could call them, *The Tidiest Whitie!*
    We’ll make a fortune I tell you.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well I heard it as late as this week on the radio (news guy not a taking head). But Cheesy or someone made a good point air circulation would likely have to keep it aloft. Which would be less probable to go the distance.

Really? Wonder how well Depends would maintain viruses?

You people with the virus better stock up before a run on Depends !!!

Side note, The Wuhan corona Chinese 19 virus was found still kicking on the cruise ship in japan 17 days after the fact.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Interesting thought.
    First, it would have to pass through two layers of a vapor barrier (i.e., underwear and outer garment.)
    Then it would have to defy the downward force produced by the rectum (unless a person has an open stoma, which would produce horizontal motion of the flatus) and travel in convective forces to reach another’s mucous membranes.

Hmmm.

Maybe we should invent N95 underwear.
    We could call them, *The Tidiest Whitie!*
    We’ll make a fortune I tell you.

:rofl:

When I get the paten I’ll cut you in.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Interesting thought.

If the virus cannot survive the trip into the stomach acids, I doubt very seriously it would re-constitute in a fart!

However, I have always believed that when you smell a fart, you are basically inhaling molecular ****! Skid marks in your drawers are the smoking gun! It is bad enough it be your own ****, but another person's is down right nasty.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Really? Wonder how well Depends would maintain viruses?

You people with the virus better stock up before a run on Depends !!!

Side note, The Wuhan corona Chinese 19 virus was found still kicking on the cruise ship in japan 17 days after the fact.

It can stay on surfaces for a long time but the thing is even though there is virus particles there what is its efficacy in infecting you. I think Fauci said that it only remains a vector of diesase for a few hours and not the total time you can find the virus on something. Not as short as I thought on hard surfaces but way less than 17 days.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200320192755.htm

If the virus cannot survive the trip into the stomach acids, I doubt very seriously it would re-constitute in a fart!

However, I have always believed that when you smell a fart, you are basically inhaling molecular ****! Skid marks in your drawers are the smoking gun! It is bad enough it be your own ****, but another person's is down right nasty.

I have read where they stated they have found the virus in stool samples from infected patients. Now if it remains a viable pathogen and not just a remnant of the virus that is detectable I don't know.

Top Bottom