Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    *&^%$#@$%^&*&^%$# I was there two weeks ago and a Sheriff's deputy blasted by, waved and continued on. WTF? If my schedule allows it, I'm going to drive by tomorrow to check it out. If nothing else I need a sense of closure.

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    *&^%$#@$%^&*&^%$# I was there two weeks ago and a Sheriff's deputy blasted by, waved and continued on. WTF? If my schedule allows it, I'm going to drive by tomorrow to check it out. If nothing else I need a sense of closure.

i feel you man. i want to hold a candle light vigil there and reminisce about all of the fond memories i have had there over the years :wtc:

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    i feel you man. i want to hold a candle light vigil there and reminisce about all of the fond memories i have had there over the years :wtc:

I drove by earlier. The berm blocking access and the signs are actually higher than they look in the pic. Out of respect for our friend I left some red roses and a bottle of cognac under one of the signs. I'm sure some redneck has already drank the cognac and shot the empty bottle.

Last edited:

chuckH48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Mississippi
    Sorry fellas but when they built the Infinity Site I had a feeling the writing was on the wall. The placement of the dirt pit facing the Infinity Site is too big a risk and liability for the county to take. This was the last area in the buffer zone to legally shoot weapons. After six years this was the last site I had to re-tell people that it was now "NOT" ok to shoot. I feel as bad as everyone on here, I can't shoot there anymore regardless of my county ties. I hate the the out of the way buffer zone that I started in is becoming a thing of the past. New construction, buildings, and roadways have become the norm in the zone. The out of the way seclusion of the old zone will be greatly missed. Happy shooting fellas and I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings................

chuckH48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Mississippi
    It's still being discussed but with budget concerns it's been put far back on the burner. I'll keep you guys updated with any news concerning the range and any other possible options opening in the buffer zone or county.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Thanks Chuck. I called Hancock County Sheriff's Office Tuesday, and they said to call back end of the week. I guess you answered my questions. Damned shame. It's not so much that it was free, but that we could shoot what we wanted, the way we wanted, and for as long as we wanted without having to worry about bothering anyone.

Best wishes, man. To all the BZ shooters out there, I'm gonna miss you guys.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    It's still being discussed but with budget concerns it's been put far back on the burner. I'll keep you guys updated with any news concerning the range and any other possible options opening in the buffer zone or county.

awesome man. im sure i can speak for everyone here that we would really appreciate it

man this SUCKS!!

Last edited:

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Here's a bit of news that may be of interest to this thread. I have a friend that just purchased 13 acres inside the buffer zone. He already has permission from NASA to open a range that WILL be a TACTICAL range. You'll be able to draw from holster, shoot on the move, cover to cover, shoot from vehicles etc. He is in the process of negotiating insurance terms. His membership fees to use the range are going to be very reasonable (not final yet, so I'm not going to post estimates.) He will also have training classes for a monthly fee, or single day pricing. He is a quality trainer with decades experience in special forces and high level security contractor work. I'll post more details as I know more. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

dglough

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    Here's a bit of news that may be of interest to this thread. I have a friend that just purchased 13 acres inside the buffer zone. He already has permission from NASA to open a range that WILL be a TACTICAL range. You'll be able to draw from holster, shoot on the move, cover to cover, shoot from vehicles etc. He is in the process of negotiating insurance terms. His membership fees to use the range are going to be very reasonable (not final yet, so I'm not going to post estimates.) He will also have training classes for a monthly fee, or single day pricing. He is a quality trainer with decades experience in special forces and high level security contractor work. I'll post more details as I know more. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Me likes the sound of this...what kind of time frame are we talking about here?

Top Bottom