Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Where is the BZ shooting area located? Would like to go out there this Friday morning or weekend.

I was bored so I put together a map. Not real sure where the new BZ is but if someone would like to point it out, that'd be great...THX

i4711_Bz.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#3 on that map (labeled NEW?) is the one the sheriff gave permission to shoot at. It's the only one that actually has a berm.

Here's a map with directions that I just made
    Hy700.jpg

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Where is the BZ shooting area located? Would like to go out there this Friday morning or weekend.

As long as you're not the shirtless guy with the SS tattoos, it's here: 30.299297,-89.613529

By the way last time I was out there (last week) someone filled in the ditch, then drove into the range and dumped a sofa. What a dingleberry.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    just got back from the BZ. love that place. always seem to find cool stuff....this time it was 2 boxes of 7.62x39 and a butt load of brass. thanks to whoever forgot it! :D

Were they white boxes with black print? If so it was me. I hope you had fun.

So was this some late night shooting? It's 10:10 now.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Were they white boxes with black print? If so it was me. I hope you had fun.

So was this some late night shooting? It's 10:10 now.

nah i finished up right at dusk around 730. the gnats were TERRIBLE. never going that late again. by just now i meant fairly recently, its not like i ran to my computer because i just had to tell everyone on BS about my find haha

but no they were norinco in a yellow box. found them on the road actually. a few years ago before i joined BS i found a laser out there. never thought to ask on here about it. anyone lose one of those? lol

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Went to the bz not that long ago, honestly i love all the bottles and cans all over the place. Great targets! I love knocking em back from 15 yards to about 35 yards, I'm gonna have to invest in a steel target someday though, i love that sound of lead on steel.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Got a few pics from my last trip out there. It was a pretty big deal because it was the first time I convinced my wife to shoot a handgun.

scaled.php

Me and one of my Army buddies giving her some instruction.

photoua.jpg

I saved some of my old protein powder containers to use as targets. They worked pretty well, I'll probably keep doing that.

imagehru.jpg

Never could get her to understand the concept of trigger discipline.

scaled.php

imagekxd.jpg

imagezdu.jpg

Probably need to work on her stance.

scaled.php

Just thought I'd throw this in there. One of my city boy friends wanted a good facebook pictures so he took a picture with my AR. I told him he looked like a metro commando. Feel free to laugh at him.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    How busy is the BZ on the weekend? Does it help if you go early? I am thinking about bringing out the GF Sunday and shooting for a while.

Ordinarily when I go out on weekends I run into somebody out there, but it's rarely more than one group of folks, and normally it's only one or two people.

chuckH48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Mississippi
    Damn SpeedRacer thats harsh! lol The gnats and skeeters are brutal this time of year at dawn and dusk. I shot a few rounds out of a charles daley 1911 I traded for, not bad for an inexpensive stock 1911. I work nights so I probably won't get to meet any of yoiu guys, but if you a see a sheriffs truck after 6pm stop me and I'll shoot the **** with any members that want to. Enjoy the shooting and stay safe.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Damn SpeedRacer thats harsh! lol The gnats and skeeters are brutal this time of year at dawn and dusk. I shot a few rounds out of a charles daley 1911 I traded for, not bad for an inexpensive stock 1911. I work nights so I probably won't get to meet any of yoiu guys, but if you a see a sheriffs truck after 6pm stop me and I'll shoot the **** with any members that want to. Enjoy the shooting and stay safe.
    hell, ill take a late trip one night if i got ammo money.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    The wife and I went out there to shoot some today; just our .22's. The couch was still there, it made a good rifle rack. Had another kid out there when we arrived. poor bastard locked his keys in his car, and busted his drivers side window trying to get them. Oh well, at least he got in. Passed by the old BZ pit north of the I10, place is flooded with 1-2 ft of water.

Unspecified

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I just went the other day, and someone had pushed all the trash into a huge pile with some sort of tracked equipment. Does anyone know if it is still ok to go shoot there or what the deal is?

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    DO NOT SHOOT STANDING ON THE ROAD, THAT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE!!!!!! You must step down into the pit area to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom