Wally World Ammo Limits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Do you guys still have a 6 box limit? I went to a Walmart outside of Tomball,TX about a week ago and they still had the sign up. But I went to a different one today in Houston and I was able to buy as much as I like. The clerk told me they had just removed that restriction.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Didn't see the sign on either of the Walmarts near me; but I also couldn't find the employee who could open the case either. Doesn't do much good to stock something if there's no one who can get it out for a customer.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I haven't noticed any of the makeshift signs lately, now that the ammo is more available....

The WM I usually go to doesn't lock it's ammo up, so it wasn't hard to get around the 6 box limit rule when I "had to", anyway. But I didn't make it a habit of doing that- and never wiped them out- unless I was the lucky SOB to grab the last two or so boxes....

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Walker still has a FOUR box limit, according to the sign.

I believe Denham Springs no longer enforces a limit. They were very well stocked in the Federal $9.47 9mm the last couple of times I was there, so I guess the huge buying rushes have indeed ceased.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Indeed, Walker still has the four box limit too. I just tolerate it I guess...depends on how much ammo I want. If I'm not going to buy a lot I'll just get the Federal at just under $10 a box. I can get 200 rounds of that in one trip. If I want to buy alot of ammo I just buy 4 boxes of Winchester so I can get 400 rounds in one trip. The difference is around $2.50 per 50 I think.

Id still rather tolerate the ammo limit then pay what Bass Pro wants for bullets.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Didn't see the sign on either of the Walmarts near me; but I also couldn't find the employee who could open the case either. Doesn't do much good to stock something if there's no one who can get it out for a customer.

Same at all Walmarts trying to get someone to take your money in the sporting goods section. The store closest to me has an older "gentleman" who sometimes has the key but no access code to sign on to the register.
    The last time I went in, he opened the case and I reached in to grab several boxes trying to help him and he said, "Oh no, you can't put your hand in there, they have cameras all over watching you". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Waited for the "Ammo Case Police" to show up but they were a no show.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Same at all Walmarts trying to get someone to take your money in the sporting goods section. The store closest to me has an older "gentleman" who sometimes has the key but no access code to sign on to the register.
    The last time I went in, he opened the case and I reached in to grab several boxes trying to help him and he said, "Oh no, you can't put your hand in there, they have cameras all over watching you". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Waited for the "Ammo Case Police" to show up but they were a no show.

Had just the opposite on our last trip to WalMart. Guy slides the glass door open and looks at my buddy and is like 'Well? Grab whatcha want' :rofl:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    You should have asked him to scan the cabinet with everything in it and requested for somebody to load it to ur truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mamoru::rofl::mamoru:

:mamoru:

Too bad he busted the guy right before us for wanting more than 4 boxes :rolleyes: He was about to buy about 2000 rounds of .22LR and a couple boxes of .38 Special (Winchester Personal Protection).

Hell from what Ive seen if there wasn't a limit that case would probably be a ghost town :eek3:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The limit in Slidell was recently changed from 6 to 3 (!) boxes. They claim it's corporate making the decisions, which is obviously not so if the limit varies. Kcinnick, where'd you hear they lifted it for our region?

At the same time, I've never seen the case more full. About a week before it went from 6 to 3, there was more to choose from than I'd ever seen in the past year and a half of looking there. According to some of the people I've spoken to, they're making around a penny on the dollar on the ammo. What freakin' sense does it make to limit the customer to 3 boxes per day if that's the case? When it was mostly empty, I can understand keeping people happy-- you couldn't get a supply, everyone wanted some, and it would sell out before the next shipment came in. Now, however, it's overflowing (with plenty in the back) and you're limiting sales? WTF? I went in twice a day for two days straight, got 12 boxes of Federal 9mm. Between the days, the case was restocked to max capacity for that ammo type, and when I went in two days after the final purchase, it was full again.

I was going to write the corporate office just for laughs, but if it's a store by store policy, I might actually be heard by someone who matters.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    So.

Went to Walker WalMart today...figured Id buy some ammo while I was there. I was standing at the ammo cabinet looking at all the stuff...and as I glanced up I said to my buddy 'Dude.....the 4 box limit sign is gone'.

:eek3:

Makes my shopping cheaper and easier! Still only bought 400 rounds like I planned on...but I was able to buy 8 boxes of the cheaper Federal instead of 4 boxes of the more expensive Winchester.

IMG_1892.jpg

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So.

Went to Walker WalMart today...figured Id buy some ammo while I was there. I was standing at the ammo cabinet looking at all the stuff...and as I glanced up I said to my buddy 'Dude.....the 4 box limit sign is gone'.

:eek3:

Makes my shopping cheaper and easier! Still only bought 400 rounds like I planned on...but I was able to buy 8 boxes of the cheaper Federal instead of 4 boxes of the more expensive Winchester.

IMG_1892.jpg

I wish covington would start stocking the 9mm federal :(

It's cheaper and easier to reload (lately wwb have had some tight primer pockets)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom