Wally World Ammo Limits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The limit in Slidell was recently changed from 6 to 3 (!) boxes. They claim it's corporate making the decisions, which is obviously not so if the limit varies. Kcinnick, where'd you hear they lifted it for our region?

I got an email from the corporate office to take down the signs and stop limiting sales.

When you call the Home office or send a letter to the "President" it goes to an operator in Mississippi that sends an email to the store management team at that store, at least in my experience. The best thing to do when you have an issue is get a salaried manager, most of the time they should be able to take care of you. Often times customers will have called the "home office" they never actually talked to a salaried manager who probably would have solved their problem.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    WalMart & Academy are for T-shirts, ice chests, & lawn chairs.

Patronize your local Gun Shop or GunSmith. See advertiser sponsors listed here.

If you can't find one, call James Loque or V. Buckles.

Mr. Academy doesn't give a hoot about us. Our sponsors do. Besides, ammo from "big box" retailers is frequently inferior to that at Gun Shops.

Try telling Mr. WalMart that you need a minor repair on opening day morning or on the last Saturday before deer season; and see what happens.

leVieux

texanx5

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    north East Baton Rouge
    Walmart in Zachary still doesn't have much in the line of ammo and the lady told me the limit was still in effect a few weeks back. I was trying to get shot gun shells and she didn't want to sell me what I wanted for it was # of boxes so I asked for a case and she said ok that was one box did I need more. :) Made things simpler if they left the rifle and pistol ammo in larger boxes. LOL

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Gun shops cost too much.. I have even bought a rifle from Wally World.

I bought my Marlin 795 from Academy. I called BJ Pawn and Gun to see if they had one or could get it...just sat on hold for a shade over 10 minutes :rolleyes: Hung up, called Academy, and had an answer in about 3. Went and picked it up that evening. I like the local places but often their hours do not work with my schedule. And to be honest, if I can drive a much shorter distance and buy ammo at a better price that's probably what I will opt for.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Part of our civic duty is to patronize our local merchants whenever possible.

This goes quadruple for our Gun Shops because of the harassment they must face just to do business.

Perhaps none of you-all have ever lived in a city like N.O., with almost 400,000 souls and NO GUN SHOP.

We need our local small business for our OWN GOOD !

leVieux

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    ....Perhaps none of you-all have ever lived in a city like N.O., with almost 400,000 souls and NO GUN SHOP.

Thank God for that, BTW. Makes it that much easier to NOT spend a single dime in any of the assorted shitholes that make up Orleans Parish!

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA

This goes quadruple for our Gun Shops because of the harassment they must face just to do business.

Perhaps none of you-all have ever lived in a city like N.O., with almost 400,000 souls and NO GUN SHOP.

leVieux

Hmm. I'll support the local guys when I can but it isn't often that my paycheck or free time allow for that. Perhaps I should look harder for local places that sell ammo and guns that have decent service and prices :squint:

I can't help you with the Big Easy thing though. I wouldn't setup shop/live there either :eek3:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Walmart in Zachary still doesn't have much in the line of ammo and the lady told me the limit was still in effect a few weeks back. I was trying to get shot gun shells and she didn't want to sell me what I wanted for it was # of boxes so I asked for a case and she said ok that was one box did I need more. :) Made things simpler if they left the rifle and pistol ammo in larger boxes. LOL

Walmart in Zachary was loaded with ammo last time I was there. Limit was lifted a week or so ago... after a couple big shipments from inferior ammo suppliers such as federils, winchaster and remingtan.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

That old lady at the Zachary Wal-Mart is a tin foil hat wearing nut case.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn't call her a tin foil hat wearing nut case. She is just worried about the direction of this country and is worried about who might be tracking law abiding citizens.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Besides, ammo from "big box" retailers is frequently inferior to that at Gun Shops.

leVieux

That's a urban legend, I think. I haven't noticed anything different about wal mart ammo vs. anywhere else.

Any not all of us have the resources of, say, a doctor or post graduate educator, yet shoot over 1000 rds. a month.

It's simple economics.

I will say, ammo, is the extent of anything gun related I get from wal mart. Everything else comes from somewhere else.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Even if it was inferior...I have noticed that they still feed, go boom, and knock holes in stuff with no failures yet in the 500 rounds or so Ive put thru my new XD this month :)

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

leVieux

We want to buy a lcd flat screen tv for our bed room. Where would you recommend to look for one? My first thought is Best Buy. We have bought all our previous electonic stuff there. I dont think there is a local merchant that sells tvs at reasonable prices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom