SOLD Weatherby Vanguard .257 wtby mag + extrasSOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2a6627ce.jpg

d34b77ef.jpg

40667116.jpg

bdb2e8c1.jpg

Demon Halloween cat not included...
    24c01499.jpg

Stock pic until I can get home and take some decent ones.
    weatherby_vanguard_synthetic.jpg

Ok, I have for sale, my most recent little splurge that I just can't afford to keep. EVERYTHING is brand spanking new and UNFIRED.

It is a Weatherby Vanguard with black synthetic stock and blued barrel. I had Weatherby Accu-Brake installed on this thing before it left Weatherby to come to me. The Accu-Brake reduces the felt recoil by right at around 50%. The gun without the brake has a similar recoil energy as a .30-06 or something similar, with this brake, it has a similar recoil to a .243. The Accu-Brake can be taken off, and a thread protector is included as well for when it is removed.

On top, I put a Burris 3.5-10x50 that has been mounted but is also brand new and only mounted on this gun, never fired on anything. This scope is a pretty dang nice piece of glass.

I also put a Caldwell bipod on it that I picked up at Academy, and one of those little elastic shell holders that fits over the stock.

The gun also comes with 2 boxes of Weatherby Accu-bond 110gr ammo. This stuff just about the best ballistics overall out of anything made for this gun. If I remember correctly it is right around 3500 fps muzzle velocity and 3000 ft-lb of energy at muzzle. This gun is VERY lethal out to quite a distance, it wasn't Roy Weatherby's favorite caliber for nothing. This ammo was also the most expensive... but I figured the gun would be my new deer toy, and wouldn't be shot often.

Total cost put into this thing:
    Gun ~ $400
    Accubrake ~ $170
    Scope ~ $300
    Bipod ~ $40
    Ammo ~ $160

Total ~ $1,070

All of these prices can be easily found and proven via an easy google search. I can't confirm whether or not I still have my receipts although I do still have the box the gun came in, so they MAY be in there.

This rifle should prove to be extremely accurate out to quite a distance, and still has enough *umph* to take down a medium sized animal (deer or such) at several hundred yards. I just have to move some toys around to pay bills. I won't lie, its not the cheapest caliber to shoot, but anyone who reloads, or needs a new deer rifle that is extremely accurate and more than capable of dropping a deer in its tracks, this could be a good deal.

I am open to offers for sure, but I would like to try and get as much back out of this as I can, but I know the market for this caliber around here probably isn't the largest, so I am willing to take a nice hit.

ASKING $700, but more than willing to negotiate.

WILL HAVE PICTURES UP HOPEFULLY BY TONIGHT!

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Unfortunately I wont have pictures up tonight, can't find the camera.

I will consider trades along the lines of a nice 1911. I would also consider something interesting in 9mm or 45

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    BUMP FOR NEW PICTURES!!!

come on someone have an offer? This is a beautiful unfired gun, that can be yours for WAAAAY less than you could find it anywhere for.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom