SOLD Weatherby Vanguard .257 wtby mag + extrasSOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2a6627ce.jpg

d34b77ef.jpg

40667116.jpg

bdb2e8c1.jpg

Demon Halloween cat not included...
    24c01499.jpg

Stock pic until I can get home and take some decent ones.
    weatherby_vanguard_synthetic.jpg

Ok, I have for sale, my most recent little splurge that I just can't afford to keep. EVERYTHING is brand spanking new and UNFIRED.

It is a Weatherby Vanguard with black synthetic stock and blued barrel. I had Weatherby Accu-Brake installed on this thing before it left Weatherby to come to me. The Accu-Brake reduces the felt recoil by right at around 50%. The gun without the brake has a similar recoil energy as a .30-06 or something similar, with this brake, it has a similar recoil to a .243. The Accu-Brake can be taken off, and a thread protector is included as well for when it is removed.

On top, I put a Burris 3.5-10x50 that has been mounted but is also brand new and only mounted on this gun, never fired on anything. This scope is a pretty dang nice piece of glass.

I also put a Caldwell bipod on it that I picked up at Academy, and one of those little elastic shell holders that fits over the stock.

The gun also comes with 2 boxes of Weatherby Accu-bond 110gr ammo. This stuff just about the best ballistics overall out of anything made for this gun. If I remember correctly it is right around 3500 fps muzzle velocity and 3000 ft-lb of energy at muzzle. This gun is VERY lethal out to quite a distance, it wasn't Roy Weatherby's favorite caliber for nothing. This ammo was also the most expensive... but I figured the gun would be my new deer toy, and wouldn't be shot often.

Total cost put into this thing:
    Gun ~ $400
    Accubrake ~ $170
    Scope ~ $300
    Bipod ~ $40
    Ammo ~ $160

Total ~ $1,070

All of these prices can be easily found and proven via an easy google search. I can't confirm whether or not I still have my receipts although I do still have the box the gun came in, so they MAY be in there.

This rifle should prove to be extremely accurate out to quite a distance, and still has enough *umph* to take down a medium sized animal (deer or such) at several hundred yards. I just have to move some toys around to pay bills. I won't lie, its not the cheapest caliber to shoot, but anyone who reloads, or needs a new deer rifle that is extremely accurate and more than capable of dropping a deer in its tracks, this could be a good deal.

I am open to offers for sure, but I would like to try and get as much back out of this as I can, but I know the market for this caliber around here probably isn't the largest, so I am willing to take a nice hit.

ASKING $700, but more than willing to negotiate.

WILL HAVE PICTURES UP HOPEFULLY BY TONIGHT!

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Unfortunately I wont have pictures up tonight, can't find the camera.

I will consider trades along the lines of a nice 1911. I would also consider something interesting in 9mm or 45

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    BUMP FOR NEW PICTURES!!!

come on someone have an offer? This is a beautiful unfired gun, that can be yours for WAAAAY less than you could find it anywhere for.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom