Slidell Neighborhoods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    So my wife and I are approved on a loan. Looking for a home in a good area of Slidell. We looked at Kingspoint and quickly decided that is not the neighborhood we want to be. We saw a house in Whisperwood that we liked and it's in our price range. Any areas we should be looking at for sure?

Price range 100-120k

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Stay away from anything off old spanish trail

So much drug traffic out here and the cops aren't doing a damn thing about it

There's a "barber shop" across from the beer box that is nothing more than a front for drug sales. There are quite a few hispanic shops right off 3rd and old spanish trail that are the same way.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    If school system is important as well as location, Old Crossgates, Tanglewood or a repo in willow wood. I-10 south side is the section with the best public schools. That price range will make it difficult to get away from problem areas. Post Katrina brought bad drug problems here. There are subdivisions I can recommend you stay clear of: Kingspoint, Carolyn Park, anything by Old Spanish Trail, or anything on east side of Fremaux.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    That's back by the bowling alley. A high school friend lived out there (the street right across from the bowling alley) and his dad sold marijuana out of the house. This was before Katrina though so maybe it's a bit cleaner out there now. I hung out with him once and people kept showing up at the door and I had no clue what was going on. Turns out he would just sell the **** to anyone who came knocking. I got out of there with the quickness and haven't talked to the guy again :dunno:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Alright. The one on Timbers we're looking it at is all the way north on the corner of Timbers and Lenwood. Think that is far enough away from the bowling alley area? Was looking at the crime maps and expect there is a large number of urban democrats there.

Also, there's a house on West Queens Drive. Any thoughts on it? It's also in the Whispering Forest school area. Online it says it's rated 10/10.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Got a buddy whos Mom died last year and they have been updating the house and liquidating stuff from it. I will have to find out where it is for you and you might want to consider it. They just did the kitchen I think...It will be up for sale pretty soon. PM me your private information if you would like to talk to my friend.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    If school system is important as well as location, Old Crossgates, Tanglewood or a repo in willow wood. I-10 south side is the section with the best public schools. That price range will make it difficult to get away from problem areas. Post Katrina brought bad drug problems here. There are subdivisions I can recommend you stay clear of: Kingspoint, Carolyn Park, anything by Old Spanish Trail, or anything on east side of Fremaux.

all good places to avoid buying a house if you can avoid it.

no ones said it yet but you cant forget the wyck!!! stay out of huntwyck. its like the compton of slidell.

i grew up in old country club (on west pinewood) and i loved it. its a 10 second drive from where you were thinking of by the bowling alley. just on the other side of i-12. had the golf course in my backyard and john slidell park a short bike ride away. its pretty quite over there. more families and relaxed people who like playing golf. im not sure if its in your price range but cross gates is nice. as well as new country club (across robert from old country club) and tanglewood. and like someone else mentioned rue rochelle and rue miramon

also generally anything off of north blvd is pretty nice with a lot of families. ive lived in slidell all of my life until a few months ago when i moved to hammond for school so if theres anything else youre wanting to know shoot me a pm

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately, most of the "nice" areas seem to be out of our price range. Do you guys think that W Queens or Timbers is in a nice enough area? I've driven by Timbers and it didn't seem bad at all. Nothing like Kingspoint.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    You thought I was kidding about the hard part just starting. Trust me, you will like something about a house and be interested and your wife will not, just Murphy's law.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Lol. I loved this house (in photos) because it had a separate mechanics garage. Turns out it was in Kingspoint. :( And the house was a complete POS. It was listed as "excellent" condition. I can't stand liars. Jenna hated everything about it, but once I saw the neighborhood it was in and how bad the house was kept, I had no problem saying no to it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is all REALLY sad. I can remember when Slidell was a peaceful sleepy little town.

I guess you can never run from scum; for long.

Top Bottom