Slidell Neighborhoods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I worked at Michoud for close to 2 yrs and I'm familiar with the areas you are speaking about - especially Gause Blvd (nice restaurant down there; forget the name but the salads were good enough I'd drive down there to get one on the way back to BTR once a month).

It pains me to see "home" in such a mess. Growing up I always thought Slidell was "the nice part" of New Orleans. Boy was I surprised when I began to drive along the area as I had other opportunities to explore and the thought of being home was powerful enough for me to take a job and settle in the area.

I didn't.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You might find this site useful in your search.
    http://www.stpso.org/crime.php

Pretty cool map but I can't find out what neighborhood code I'm in :( It says I can click on the map to enlarge it but that does nothing. Fail.

Never mind found that if I actually entered my address it showed me the page directly. I guess the little section of the city I live in isn't that bad only 1 domestic 1 assault in the last year and 1 theft this year :dunno: but the borders are really small on this part of town according to that map

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    It's really slim pickings out there... :(

I'm looking in Pearl River, Slidell, Mandeville, Covington, Luling... Anyone feel like donating 20-30k for a super awesome guy? (me)

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I grew up off of Normandy Drive, which is in between North blvd and Robert Road. It is an excellent neighborhood. Fountain estates is the subdivision. Excellent school district and great old style living. Other than that there's really not too many places I would recommend. My brother is in real estate and he grew up in the same place and can steer you in the right direction if you are interested. Just pm me and I can give you his details, he is a down to earth person and not a salesman (retired military if that helps).

Top Bottom