Do Traffic Cops "go on break"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Eh, it gets warm, who knows what kind of shifts/day he had previous. Sometimes you don't choose for things to happen like that, they just do.

And if you do it in the Marine Corps you can go to jail, or worse... in a combat zone get all your buddies killed!

NOT an excuse.

Heck, I've been working longer hours than a 12 hour shift for MONTHS and haven't taken a nap, nor thought about using it as an excuse!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    And if you do it in the Marine Corps you can go to jail, or worse... in a combat zone get all your buddies killed!

NOT an excuse.

Heck, I've been working longer hours than a 12 hour shift for MONTHS and haven't taken a nap, nor thought about using it as an excuse!
    Whether people intend to or not, sometimes they do. I never said it was good, excused, or ok, only that humans will be humans.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Only time I've ever slept on shift is a couple times when I had the flu, but te shifts were too short to take sick leave. So I'd nap in the office, when a call came out, sgt would wake me up, I'd respond to the call, then return to the office.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Whether people intend to or not, sometimes they do. I never said it was good, excused, or ok, only that humans will be humans.

Don't give me that. I've stayed up for DAYS straight, stood more guard duty than I care to think about...

It's NOT excusable, NOT OK and NOT safe for themselves or others!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Nah, Nothing wrong with that at all. Matter of fact I suggest you ride around tonight and find one sleeping and do it. Apparently you will more than likely find them banging a local "holster sniffing badge bunny" more easily cause that seems to be running rampant with the local PD's. :)

:D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Back on topic, I saw a LSP Tahoe sitting about 100 feet off the road in the median on a cross-over surrounded by trees pointed 90* toward the road. All they had was a very narrow window to see traffic directly in front of them. What in the world were they doing there like that?

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    I had a violator remove his detector from his vehicle and throw it in the bayou. Said he got more tickets with it than he did before he had it.

he either doesnt listen to the detector or had a piece of crap.

Id venture to say that you drop your chances of getting a ticket 85-90% with a good radar detector, dependant upon how well you learn the detector and respond when it chirps.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Back on topic, I saw a LSP Tahoe sitting about 100 feet off the road in the median on a cross-over surrounded by trees pointed 90* toward the road. All they had was a very narrow window to see traffic directly in front of them. What in the world were they doing there like that?

Any number of things. Most likely finishing a crash report.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Border Patrol used to sit on I-12 by Airline all the time like that.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Border Patrol used to sit on I-12 by Airline all the time like that.

Yeah, I guess either writing a report, or waiting for a vehicle(s) that were alleged to be in the area. I have encountered more and more officers either not running radar, or sitting in locations 90* from the road where radar cannot be used lately.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    What exactly does DPS do? Y'all answer calls and make arrests? My buddy that did it said it was good for retirees cause you mostly check alarms on state property instead of tying up local cops. He retired after 30 years iirc and started with DPS in baton rouge.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What exactly does DPS do? Y'all answer calls and make arrests? My buddy that did it said it was good for retirees cause you mostly check alarms on state property instead of tying up local cops. He retired after 30 years iirc and started with DPS in baton rouge.

I know young guys that work for DPS, talked a buddy Sat. thats a Lt. downtown.

Is your buddy named Don?

Also some use DPS to get into LE and try to work to get a chance to go to the Academy (if they ever have another one) to become a Trooper

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Almost hit a cop today. He rolled through a stop-sign with his lights off (3-way stop, 1 through street and 1 dead-end "left or right", he was making the right, I was going straight). I had already began accelerating into the intersection by the time he got to the sign and rolled through it. Ironically, I think the reason he did it (he hit his lights after he ran it and made his turn) was to catch the guy in front of me for running the stop-sign. Irony at its best. It's a neighborhood and I think the person deserved the ticket, but I was perturbed at how it was done. I guess that's why the police make the rules and I don't. I'm going to invest in a Go-Pro HD one of these days to catch all these glorious things. Idiots running redlights in front of rail-road tracks, 24" rims on 90's Camaro's, etc. Maybe make a Youtube compilation one day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom