Regions Bank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Apparently, white people (such as myself) are not allowed to wear hats inside Regions Bank on North MacArthur drive in Alexandria. I was asked (told, actually) to remove my hat while making a deposit on Friday afternoon. The issue I have with this is as follows: The customer directly before me was a black fellow wearing a baseball cap, and he was helped without incident. The customer to my direct left at the next teller over was also a black gentleman, and was wearing some sort of golfer hat. All tellers were black. I was the only one asked to remove my hat. My face was clearly visible to the cameras. Nonsense, I say.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    I get asked in every Regions I go in. Even in the Lily white towns like Livonia, where I know the tellers.
    Get over it Bruh.
    I'm not your "Bruh" firstly, and secondly, it's not the order I question but the fact that the policy is overlooked for some but enforced for others.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    So what happened? Did you point out the other caps in the place?
    That's exactly what I did. I asked her why I was singled out while the other two were able to conduct their business unimpeded. She couldn't muster an acceptable response, and reiterated the need for my hat removal. Then I just walked outside and made my deposit in the drive-thru.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    If you feel that strongly about it, close your accounts and tell them why.

It's a bank, they all do the same things. As a white person you're supposed to be easy to deal with and non-confrontational. Glad you called them on their BS.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I once spent 30 mins to open an account there so I wouldn't have to pay their stupid $6 fee to cash their own check.

Cashed out of the account, and got their dumb mail and statements for about a year before they closed it down.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Yes it is. I bank with Regions and they have signs regarding hats and sunglasses in every branch... at least in Baton Rouge

Funny thing is, I've seen the signs on Whitney and Chase banks, but the Regions in Alexandria have no signs regarding hats, glasses, or the dreaded hoodie.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Funny thing is, I've seen the signs on Whitney and Chase banks, but the Regions in Alexandria have no signs regarding hats, glasses, or the dreaded hoodie.

I open carry at my Chase bank all the time. Everyone is super nice to me there. Traffic sucks leaving, though because there are usually a lot of cops going there just as I'm leaving. Must be a lunch break or something.

Top Bottom