Glock 19 stolen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Someone stole my glock 19 out of my truck friday night. I usually don't leave it in my truck but it was raining pretty hard when I got home so I left it in there. Got up Saturday morning and it was gone:mad:. If anyone has any info please contact me.

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Yeah I filed a report, and I will be checking pawn shops. It just pisses me off, I work two jobs to get by and some low life scum came onto my property and stole something that I work hard for.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Someone stole my glock 19 out of my truck friday night. I usually don't leave it in my truck but it was raining pretty hard when I got home so I left it in there. Got up Saturday morning and it was gone:mad:. If anyone has any info please contact me.

man I hate that for you it really sucks... this is why I don't leave guns in my vehicle

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I usually get it out every evening, but because of the rain I didn't want to get it wet. The sheriff deputy said "you left a weapon unsecure in your truck"? My wife looked at him and said "if you only knew how much that pistol meant to him you wouldn't have asked that". I take really good care of all of my firearms. I'm kickin myself for not going out there later that evening and getting it.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Your insurance company should cover your window, or whatever they broke to get it, thought. At least that is a silver lining?

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I usually get it out every evening, but because of the rain I didn't want to get it wet. The sheriff deputy said "you left a weapon unsecure in your truck"? My wife looked at him and said "if you only knew how much that pistol meant to him you wouldn't have asked that". I take really good care of all of my firearms. I'm kickin myself for not going out there later that evening and getting it.

dammit bro... never EVER leave it outside... how long was it out there? Was your truck broke into to get it? Did they take anything else? Where was it in the truck?

I'm not understanding your wife's statement???

I've lost a POS Explorer .22 out of my car once and decided that was enough. I bring my weapon in with me even if I have to unload it and put it in my waistband. It makes me nervous to have to park somewhere with like a shotgun or rifle in it. I've seen kids walking around in parking lots and looking into random car windows

ETA: either way I hope you get it back in short order

Last edited:

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    My wife basically said that I take very good care of my firearms and he kinda added insult to injury. They took it between 10 friday night and 5 saturday morning. They took a gps out of her car. I kept inside of the arm rest of my truck.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    My wife basically said that I take very good care of my firearms and he kinda added insult to injury. They took it between 10 friday night and 5 saturday morning. They took a gps out of her car. I kept inside of the arm rest of my truck.

oh I see now... yeah he was being Capt Obvious.

hmmm... those are pretty specific things... ever had any trouble before?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    oh I see now... yeah he was being Capt Obvious.

hmmm... those are pretty specific things... ever had any trouble before?

All common places to hide valuables, and a GPS is usually a prime target. That's why you take it into the house with you. Many people do not even like the suction cups because they leave tell-tale signs that something electronic lives there and make your car a target. Mainly, fixing both of OP's vehicle's windows or door-seals or whatever got messed up is going to be annoying, although slightly less than the G19 loss :(

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    well, if or when you get another one, don't worry about it getting wet. a little water shouldn't hurt a Glock if you can shoot them underwater! if it does get wet just strip it down a put a little oil on it.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It takes a while for stolen firearm end up in a pawnshop. It usually has to change hands a couple of times first.

A lot of those people just go shoot it 5-6 times, and then keep a full magazine in it. If they ever use it, it goes in the lake. I used to work with a few of the type when I was in the restaurant business (Because restaurants don't do background checks on BOH, or they just don't care. Not sure which).

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That really sucks, that's why I never leave it in my truck, if I forget and remember I don't care what time it is I will go and retrieve it. I can't sleep a night if I know it's outside. My fear is if it's stolen it can be used on me r my family.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    It takes a while for stolen firearm end up in a pawnshop. It usually has to change hands a couple of times first.
    Yeah not many dumb enough to pawn or sell to pawn shop a stolen gun. They will find some guy that thinks he just got a great deal in a gunshow parking lot and then you'll have to wait until he gets in a bind and tries to pawn it.

Top Bottom