Glock 19 stolen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Guys, this is the second time this has happened to a BS member in the last week or so. If you haven't learned by now, it is almost your own fault.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Guys, this is the second time this has happened to a BS member in the last week or so. If you haven't learned by now, it is almost your own fault.

That, and don't leave your vehicle unlocked in a high-crime part of the country. I'm guessing OP doesn't lock his vehicles based on this thread and their lack of mention of damage to either during the "break" ins.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    It takes a while for stolen firearm end up in a pawnshop. It usually has to change hands a couple of times first.
    :eek3:

Not in Alexandria! You can pick them up at Cajun Pawn (aka Silver Dollar Pawn) in just about 1 hour after they are stolen...........:eek3:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Put up one of these...Take's descant pictures for the cost...

Sorry about the Glock..Hope you catch the lil'bastard's...

Attachments

• m3.jpg
      m3.jpg
      17 KB · Views: 90
    • La Masion 585.jpg
      La Masion 585.jpg
      241.3 KB · Views: 83

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Your insurance company should cover your window, or whatever they broke to get it, thought. At least that is a silver lining?
    Was your vehicle unlocked?

Insurance won't cover anything, if the vehicle was left unlocked.

Leave your keys anywhere in the car and they won't cover if it gets stolen either.

Worried about a Glock getting wet? That's a first for me Bro :dunno:

How wet can it get from your vehicle to your home? I mean was it not possible to stick it in your pants or under your shirt? Mexican Style? :confused:

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Insurance won't cover anything, if the vehicle was left unlocked.

Leave your keys anywhere in the car and they won't cover if it gets stolen either.

Worried about a Glock getting wet? That's a first for me Bro :dunno:

How wet can it get from your vehicle to your home? I mean was it not possible to stick it in your pants or under your shirt? Mexican Style? :confused:

"Reality looks much more obvious in hindsight than in foresight. People who experience hindsight bias misapply current hindsight to past foresight. They perceive events that occurred to have been more predictable before the fact than was actually the case";)

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Sorry for your loss...I never leave mine in my truck but mistakes do happen...I bet that cop is the type that if he pulled you over and you informed him you had a weapon, he would hold you there for a couple hours while waiting on a background check for the gun and you...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I usually get it out every evening, but because of the rain I didn't want to get it wet. The sheriff deputy said "you left a weapon unsecure in your truck"? My wife looked at him and said "if you only knew how much that pistol meant to him you wouldn't have asked that". I take really good care of all of my firearms. I'm kickin myself for not going out there later that evening and getting it.

Sorry this happened, man. I hate a thief. I hope they catch the POS who did this...best of luck getting your gun back.

It's terrible that we have to worry about this type of crap 24/7....sign of the times.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sorry to hear that. It doesn't matter if the truck was unlocked or not but the sad reality is that we live in a world where some total POS will steal something from another no matter if its in a car, house, boat, or from your wallet. I wonder if the deputy would make thoes comments had your home been broken into and the pistol was stolen from your favorite hiding spot. It's not your fault and I can't stand when the victim is blamed instead of the scumbag that violated the law. I don't suggest leaving weapons in cars but it's not a crime. These creatures doing these crimes should be punished in a way that others wont want to make the same mistake. Sadly our justice system isn't in that business.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    People who experience hindsight bias misapply current hindsight to past foresight. They perceive events that occurred to have been more predictable before the fact than was actually the case";)

Not always and/or necessarily.

At what point does common sense trump? You can't always claim prior experience as hindsight bias and anything thereafter as misapplying that experience through a biased perception.

I don't think hindsight is misapplied when that hindsight is the most logical choice amongst the majority. Locking your vehicle I believe would not fall into that 'misapplied hindsight'.

You disagree?

Plus note it was interrogative sentences. I didn't make a claim, I asked a question to inquire on the OP's mindset in his concern for getting his Tenifer coated Polymer pistol wet.

So I challenge your assertion of my hindsight being misapplied through question and as such whether or not it was because I failed to understand the totality of the OP’s statement and/or situation.

Oh and Good morning :D :rofl:

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    Not always and/or necessarily.

At what point does common sense trump? You can't always claim prior experience as hindsight bias and anything thereafter as misapplying that experience through a biased perception.

I don't think hindsight is misapplied when that hindsight is the most logical choice amongst the majority. Locking your vehicle I believe would not fall into that 'misapplied hindsight'.

You disagree?

Plus note it was interrogative sentences. I didn't make a claim, I asked a question to inquire on the OP's mindset in his concern for getting his Tenifer coated Polymer pistol wet.

So I challenge your assertion of my hindsight being misapplied through question and as such whether or not it was because I failed to understand the totality of the OP’s statement and/or situation.

Oh and Good morning

LOL.....wait, wut?

I hate your gun got stolen OP. After reading the previous thread stated by the other individual I took my gun out of my truck. I've always lived in a safe area, but with increased development around me I have been more nervous about crime lately.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry for your loss...I never leave mine in my truck but mistakes do happen...I bet that cop is the type that if he pulled you over and you informed him you had a weapon, he would hold you there for a couple hours while waiting on a background check for the gun and you...

Yea, its also that cop that will recover the weapon after taking the 30 seconds or so to run a weapon, finds its stolen, and returns it to the rightful owner.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry, but it is your responsibility as a gun owner to make sure your weapon doesn't get into the wrong hands. You didn't have your gun stolen, you supplied a criminal with a Glock.

Flame away...

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Sorry that happened... Really sucks... I had one stolen out of my truck many years ago, maybe 20 years. Anyway I bought a pistol from a co worker one evening and I put it in the truck under the seat. The next day I showed it to another co worker. Well the next morning after that I went to my truck to go to work, and low and behold my window was busted out and the pistol was gone. Well I suspected it was the co worker but naturally, could not prove it. The reason I suspected him was because that's the one I showed him and he knew right where it was. He didn't know about the other one I had jammed in the fold of the seat.

Not always, but sometimes it could be someone you know that steals from you, especially guns.....

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I keep a gallon ziplock somewhere in my vehicles, or in my riding jacket, to toss in my electronics in, in case I have to move them in the rain.
    Takes up hardly any space, and large enough to cover most items.
    Food for thought, for next time.
    Sorry for your losses.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It used to be you could leave anything anywhere and didn't have to worry about it being stolen... Wait, that's when people had morals, they didn't steal because they knew it was wrong... The line between right and wrong wasn't as blurry as it is now.. Lilshaunsdad, I'm sorry for your loss... I can only hope the POS that stole it suffers more misery from it, for stealing it, than you have, for having it stolen from you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom