Eye Doctors: Any recomendation in the GNO area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I need to go the the "Eye Doctor" for a check up/new glasses.

Any body have any recommendations in NOLA area? Specifically did any of you address shooting glasses with your eye doctor?
    I need to correct a problem or 2 as it relates to shooting.

Also have you had an eye doctor not want to give you a copy of your full prescription?

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I went to an eye doc right by the sears in Metairie. Easy time for my first Rx. Did not discuss shooting glasses though. He wrote me the scrip and sent me on my way. They do have the retail shop as well, but I went online and bought 4 pairs (shipped) for under $40.

Let me know if you have success with shooting glasses somewhere

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I see your hitting that magic age where our eyes just go to complete $hit...I turned 50 last October and have been trying to get a handle on whats best for shooting. I need help for reading AND distance....it sucks big time let me tell you. Presently using progressive bifocals but am hoping for something better...if not, I'll have to put some sights on my damn pistols I guess. It is hell getting older.
    PS..I'm also a former WBer-Terrytown and Gretna.
    Keep us posted on the eye situation..

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I used Leni Sumich over there who was good. I ordered my glasses from goggles4u.com They have a feature where you can upload a pic of your head and virtually try on specs to make sure you like the way they look. I ordered a set of sunglasses too. Each pair comes with a cleaning cloth, a hard case and a lens cloth.

You can type in the numbers from your Rx or take a picture of it with your phone and upload that.

I took the advice from someone else on here and measured my favorite pair of sunglasses so the width and lengths of the frames would be good. Hope all of this helps :x:

Top Bottom