List of gun owners in the US?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

veezarza1

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2020
    Louisiana
    Why worry about something you can do nothing about---relax and enjoy life while you can!!!

Hey Big H, I am on the same train as you. I worry-less and enjoy the abundance of life. A list of gun owners should not put a panic in our mind as long we use the firearm in our possession for the right cause.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Hey Big H, I am on the same train as you. I worry-less and enjoy the abundance of life. A list of gun owners should not put a panic in our mind as long we use the firearm in our possession for the right cause.

Worry? No.

Panic? No

Something to consider if/when the political climate takes another hard left turn? Absolutely!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Worry? No.

Panic? No

Something to consider if/when the political climate takes another hard left turn? Absolutely!
    So, where did all this talk about panic and worry come from? My original post is asking whether or not one believes the government would stoop to making a list, has in fact been collecting the data and speculate on whether that data may be used against gun owners in the future, either by our government or by any other entity (read UN) that may show an interest in disarming the American public.
    I meant to quote Big H as well. Bangswitch has a realistic view.
    One more question: does anyone think there’s really nothing one can do? I’m talking on a personal level, to protect yourself and your belongings. Not go gung ho at a government agency looking like a conspiracy theorist.
    And why would anyone make the statement, ‘don’t worry about it, just enjoy your life while you’re free’ (loosely quoted)? Naive much?
    Ignorance is not bliss, it’s just ignorance.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So, where did all this talk about panic and worry come from? My original post is asking whether or not one believes the government would stoop to making a list, has in fact been collecting the data and speculate on whether that data may be used against gun owners in the future, either by our government or by any other entity (read UN) that may show an interest in disarming the American public.
    One more question: does anyone think there’s really nothing one can do? I’m talking on a personal level, to protect yourself and your belongings. Not go gung ho at a government agency looking like a conspiracy theorist.
    And why would anyone make the statement, ‘don’t worry about it, just enjoy your life while you’re free’ (loosely quoted)? Naive much?

Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why worry about something you can do nothing about---relax and enjoy life while you can!!!

Maybe he made the statement because it's not worth his time to worry about something while he can't do anything about. His statement is not one of ignorance. His statement is one of analyzing the situation and putting it into perspective. His perspective is not far from Bangswitch's perspective. No worries now. No panicking now. Bangswitch will worry about it if/when the political climate takes a change for the worst. In other words, Bangswitch plans to enjoy life while he can. It's curious that you categorize one statement as realistic and a second statement, which is essentially the same view, as ignorant.

You asked if anyone thinks there's really nothing that can be done? If you made a suggestion, I don't remember seeing it, although I've only been loosely following this thread. My first suggestion might be to enact law to prohibit the behavior. But there are already laws in place. I might then suggest we punish those who are violating the law and making the lists. But they are secret lists that nobody knows about. Heck, nobody even knows if they exist. Personally, I'm not sure anything can be done at this point in response to an illegal list that may or may not exist.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Maybe he made the statement because it's not worth his time to worry about something while he can't do anything about. His statement is not one of ignorance. His statement is one of analyzing the situation and putting it into perspective. His perspective is not far from Bangswitch's perspective. No worries now. No panicking now. Bangswitch will worry about it if/when the political climate takes a change for the worst. In other words, Bangswitch plans to enjoy life while he can. It's curious that you categorize one statement as realistic and a second statement, which is essentially the same view, as ignorant.

You asked if anyone thinks there's really nothing that can be done? If you made a suggestion, I don't remember seeing it, although I've only been loosely following this thread. My first suggestion might be to enact law to prohibit the behavior. But there are already laws in place. I might then suggest we punish those who are violating the law and making the lists. But they are secret lists that nobody knows about. Heck, nobody even knows if they exist. Personally, I'm not sure anything can be done at this point in response to an illegal list that may or may not exist.

Well... there is one thing people can do... make a thread and complain about secret lists on Bayoushooter.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Well... there is one thing people can do... make a thread and complain about secret lists on Bayoushooter.

Well there is that.

But I suppose If you were so inclined, you could come up with some type of bug-out/weapons caches type plan.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Again, I posed a simple question as to whether or not folks believe gun owners are being added to any sort of list. No sky is falling drama was ever suggested. I don’t remember asking if anyone was concerned. My thoughts on a person visiting a discussion and making a statement that suggests the subject isn’t worth discussing makes me wonder why they took the time to make the statement at all. Saying that I choose not to ignore something in what ever terms I use doesn’t mean I’m saying anyone’s statement is ignorant. Maybe I should say, Deliberate Ignorance. I don’t believe ignorance is bliss. What if I choose to ignore that suspicious skin growth so I can be care free and sleep at night?
    You’re right, I didn’t suggest what could be done, but I wasn’t asking what anyone is doing. But if I understand the potential of something I can at least plan for the future. If that gives people cause to point the finger and talk about tin foil hats there’s no sense worrying about that either, except wonder which is worse. I’m curious too. Curious as to how someone asking a question gets us to that point.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Oh the bug-out whale. I’ve seen it on a Jeep or two over the years. Never bothered to ask. Figured if was like fight club of something.

You didn't miss out on anything lol

Again, I posed a simple question as to whether or not folks believe gun owners are being added to any sort of list.

Who cares if they have a list?

I don’t know. Ask any old Jew. Maybe they know.

4592228-close_thread.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Again, I posed a simple question as to whether or not folks believe gun owners are being added to any sort of list. No sky is falling drama was ever suggested. I don’t remember asking if anyone was concerned.

I think this point was covered in post #54.

My thoughts on a person visiting a discussion and making a statement that suggests the subject isn’t worth discussing makes me wonder why they took the time to make the statement at all.

In post #9 you said it's cool if people don't care. But I guess it's cool as long as they keep that opinion to themselves?

Saying that I choose not to ignore something in what ever terms I use doesn’t mean I’m saying anyone’s statement is ignorant. Maybe I should say, Deliberate Ignorance. I don’t believe ignorance is bliss.

The entire paragraph read "And why would anyone make the statement, ‘don’t worry about it, just enjoy your life while you’re free’ (loosely quoted)? Naive much? Ignorance is not bliss, it’s just ignorance." What you believe isn't mentioned in the paragraph. You do know we can go back and see all the previous posts, don't you? The paragraph says his statement was naive, which is to say it shows a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment. Then you went on to say ignorance is not bliss, again after you mentioned a statement that said Big H would essentially be blissful while he could. So, yeah, saying you chose to not ignore something isn't calling his statement ignorant. But calling his statement ignorant is calling his statement ignorant.

What if I choose to ignore that suspicious skin growth so I can be care free and sleep at night?

There's no real need to go to the doctor just because it's possible that one day there may eventually be a skin growth. If you can't see it, you should likely be care free and sleep well at night.

You’re right, I didn’t suggest what could be done, but I wasn’t asking what anyone is doing. But if I understand the potential of something I can at least plan for the future. If that gives people cause to point the finger and talk about tin foil hats there’s no sense worrying about that either, except wonder which is worse. I’m curious too. Curious as to how someone asking a question gets to that point.

You posted on a public forum where any member can reply. People feel differently than you do. If I posted about imaginary skin growths and asked if I should go to the doctor and why more people aren't worried about imaginary skin growths, I would expect at least one person to ask me about being a hypochondriac

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think this point was covered in post #54.

In post #9 you said it's cool if people don't care. But I guess it's cool as long as they keep that opinion to themselves?

The entire paragraph read "And why would anyone make the statement, ‘don’t worry about it, just enjoy your life while you’re free’ (loosely quoted)? Naive much? Ignorance is not bliss, it’s just ignorance." What you believe isn't mentioned in the paragraph. You do know we can go back and see all the previous posts, don't you? The paragraph says his statement was naive, which is to say it shows a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment. Then you went on to say ignorance is not bliss, again after you mentioned a statement that said Big H would essentially be blissful while he could. So, yeah, saying you chose to not ignore something isn't calling his statement ignorant. But calling his statement ignorant is calling his statement ignorant.

There's no real need to go to the doctor just because it's possible that one day there may eventually be a skin growth. If you can't see it, you should likely be care free and sleep well at night.

You posted on a public forum where any member can reply. People feel differently than you do. If I posted about imaginary skin growths and asked if I should go to the doctor and why more people aren't worried about imaginary skin growths, I would expect at least one person to ask me about being a hypochondriac
    Uh, nvm. I got stuff to do today, lol. Have a good one.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

You know most days I feel like the fat girl at prom. I’m too suspicious of our government for many and not enough for others. But both of you guys seem to think I’m between the stripes on this issue. I guess every dog has its day. :D

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Can't say much about the government keeping lists but if they wanted to they'd have no problem doing so these days.

Google has no issue giving up all of your data to law enforcement and government agencies. That's your search history, location data from your phone, anything you keep in Google Mail, Contacts, Calendars, etc. I'm pretty sure Facebook and all other social media apps do the same thing. Heck your cell phone company keeps logs of your location data as long as your phone has service. If they want to they can see how often you're at the gun shop or Academy and add you to whatever lists are out there. There's been a bunch of articles recently of people getting in trouble just b/c their phone said they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

20 years ago we IT folk used to laugh and say "Who would spend billions on storage to keep records of every person's activities" and now it's a reality. So unless you're completely off the grid (no wireless devices) and use VPN whenever you go online and pay for everything with cash, you can't hide. And yes, if you aren't paying cash for everything, your purchases are being tracked and that data is being sold. It's a scary time to be alive hoping you don't end up on someone's radar because if the Eye of Sauron points at you it's going to find out everything about you.

The question is what will make them turn their attention on you? Will a post like this just exposing the possibility be enough? I'm sure you've seen this video of the police interrogation in China for making a comment in a group chat. Hopefully it will never get that bad in the US.

Anyway, enough of the tin foil hat. As others have said, there's no reason to stress out about it, because there's really nothing we can do. It is an interesting topic to discuss though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom