The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    for someone who wants people to look at things from your perspective before getting critical of your views and opinions you sure are hypocritical. put yourself in jimmydean's shoes. i wouldnt have done what he did, but look at it from his point of view. i know you surely arent perfect, and neither am i, and neither is he. and before you reply to me with yet another smart ass comment think about what i am saying.

i disagree with you on dwi issues, but i do see your point of view. stop being so harsh on jimmydean. if gun owners and supporters are fighting amongst themselves they cant ever be united enough to get anything done.

You are cute. LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ARe you the room mate who shot his couch

Please do not associate JimmyDean with regular gun owners, we are in the process of having him excommunicated due to his collassal stupidity.

Keep it up, and you are next. ;)

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    no sir, i have never shot a couch. maybe i just have enough compassion to stick up for these in peril. you know, love thy neighbor as thyself.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    no sir, i have never shot a couch. maybe i just have enough compassion to stick up for these in peril. you know, love thy neighbor as thyself.

I respect that sentiment on the grounds of logic, but when you are a little older, you will learn very few are worthy of your toils in those areas. Find a core group of people you trust, and be cordial to others.

JimmyDean as alienated hisself because he is a young, ignorant pompous ass who thinks he knows everything. You would be well advised to not stick close to his side for you may be tainted by his misfortune to alwyas be harrassed by the man when he is totally in the right.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    i dont even know him. but he seems like he could use a little support.

Many have tried to help him ,but he keeps stepping on his own dick because he doesn't listen. He thinks just because he is in college, that he knows everything. When most of us were that age, we felt the same way. Now many are older and can see the error in their ways at that time. He does not.

I learned a long time ago to try and listen to those with more life experience. I am sure he is a very intelligent individual, but his common sense is that of a bedd-wetting 6 year old.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I agree with him on some of his stances, but i have the wisdom to know what battles to fight and which ones to back down from (actual issues, not discrepancies on BS).

my dad told me: A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    isnt the "legal limit" .02 for people under 21? if correct, is the DWI charge the same as if you are 21 or older? i'm curious because a friend recently got a DWI while between .02 and .08.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    isnt the "legal limit" .02 for people under 21? if correct, is the DWI charge the same as if you are 21 or older? i'm curious because a friend recently got a DWI while between .02 and .08.

yeas, which is ********. its a backwards way of charging them with underage drinking.

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    i'm not convinced it's the right way to enforce underage drinking. if not "impaired", i think a better charge for that would be an MIP or something of that nature...even though i believe "underage drinking" needs to be redefined... then again, that could just be me.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    they had a guy who was in dwi court for a dwi when he was 20. he got charged with 1st offense dwi but it was not an enhanceable offense, meaning if he gets another dwi after hes 21 it will be another first offense.

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    are you implying that by 1st offense, you have a chance of getting it expunged or something? other that that, i dont see how it could be beneficial to have 2 first offense charges for a dwi.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    are you implying that by 1st offense, you have a chance of getting it expunged or something? other that that, i dont see how it could be beneficial to have 2 first offense charges for a dwi.

The likely-hood of expungement for an individual over the age of 18 is not good. It is possible however and requires a lengthy, tedious process. The person was charged with underage DWI which is a completely separate offense from DWI as an adult. It has to do with the BAC being below a certain number, as I recall his lawyer worked out a deal to have the records show he blew a .117 instead of a .177 (I believe .15 is where they prosecute as an adult).

The benefit to having a DWI that cannot be "enhanced" as they like to call it is that any subsequent convictions start at another 1st offense. Meaning, the next time it does (God forbid), you face 4 days community service, 180 license suspension, classes, probation, and a fine between $300-1000. Had the initial charge been a full-fledged 1st offense, the following 2nd offense would carry mandatory 2 days imprisonment, 30 days community service, a longer license suspension, and a fine between $750-1000.

Please correct me if any of the above mentioned penalties are incorrect.

In addition to that, two 1st offenses on your record always look better than one 2nd offense, as far as employers are concerned. Not to mention a 3rd offense is a FELONY: ie. No legal purchase or ownership of firearms.

ETA: PM me with any specific questions your friend might have. I'd be happy to give whatever knowledge I can. I'm not a lawyer but I have had first hand experience with DWI's. I got one when I was 17. It was expunged.

Last edited:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    What people fail to realize, and it was even posted earlier in the law, is that the statute does not REQUIRE you to be .08 g% BAC.

Look at 14:98(a). It says under the influence of alcoholic beverages OR

When it says "or" at the end, it is only ONE of the ways you can arrest and have a conviction on that statute. It does not require each and every one of the "conditions" of it to be met.

So, technically, if there is any detectable amount of alcohol in your system, and I can articulate an actual reason why it is unsafe for you to drive a vehicle, you can be arrested for DWI.

.08 g% BAC is only a presumption of impairment. That means that even if you are walking, talking, acting fine, but I can smell strong alcoholic beverages on your breath or person, and you blow over that...it is assumed by the law that you are impaired. Now I have seen people blow over that level that were not obviously impaired.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    That is correct Tuna. But these ****tards think we should drink and drive AS LONG AS we are not over the legal limit.

Tell that to these folks, that having any amount wont impair you.. Its all fun and games until your in the receiving end.
    http://www.madd.org/Victim-Services/Victim-Services/Honoring-Victims-Survivors/Honoring-Victims-Survivors/VictimSearch.aspx

Just do a search for the past few years, not all Fatalities are represented on that site, but it will show, how much some are missed.

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    That is correct Tuna. But these ****tards think we should drink and drive AS LONG AS we are not over the legal limit.

Oh? I'm not sure if people here think you SHOULD drink and drive as long as you're not over the limit, but I'm not going to assume otherwise and speak for everyone that's viewing/posted in this thread.

I would think that most people could have a glass of wine with a steak or a beer with a burger when eating out and not be "impaired" and incapable of driving home.

impaired:
    1. weakened, diminished, or damaged: impaired hearing; to rebuild an impaired bridge.
    2. functioning poorly or inadequately: Consumption of alcohol results in an impaired driver.
    3. deficient or incompetent (usually prec. by an adverb or noun): morally impaired; sports-impaired. )

As stated earlier, alcohol has different effects on different people, which is why the officer has discretion whether or not one deserves a DWI WHETHER OR NOT HE'S OVER OR UNDER .08.

Now with that being said, I don't condone drinking and driving; but, if you have a drink with lunch or dinner, I don't think you should have to call a taxi for a ride home either. If you're tanked and you decide to drive home anyway, well then you're a fvcktard.

Top Bottom