1/244th AVN BN Louisiana National Guard Soldiers Donations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok so not sure where this may be posted or if it's even with in the terms of the site. I am a member of this unit. At this time there are plenty of unknowns, I am not confirming or denying anything. I am not asking for anything. All I am doing is trying to be a middle man for anyone interested in helping. At this point I am not sure what can be done. Please let me know if there is anything that you may want to contribute. I know how selfless the majority of you bs'ers are.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Let us know when you get the fund set up. Also, please pass my families condolences to the families involved. Prayers sent for them and their families.

CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    From what I understand we are awaiting all details and when they become public there will be something official. I will continue to keep all the bs'ers posted. Thanks in advance.

CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    The link posted above is the first fundraiser that I know of that has been created. It is exclusively supporting the Louisiana National Guard flight crew of the aircraft that crashed. It was created by my former company commander in rememberance of the crew, his fellow service members.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Hi all, Kenny Bossetta here from Meplat Group, LLC. I posted this on our FB page but figured I would add it here as well. Looks like the link to the fundraiser has been posted here already, but we are giving away silencers to encourage donation.

At this point, I can't imagine that anyone hasn't heard about the UH-60 Blackhawk that crashed in Pensacola. The Blackhawk was part of the 1-244th out of Hammond, La. I have several friends who are Blackhawk pilots and my cousin, Col. Patrick R. Bossetta, was the XO and then later the CO of that unit for two tours in Iraq. The morning I heard about the crash I checked in on all of the soldiers I knew in that unit and none of my friends or relatives were involved. However, that doesn't lessen the tragedy.

One of the pilots in the unit, Shane Devlin, is a friend and customer and he has put together a Give Forward page to try and help the families of these soldiers. Money can't fill the void these men leave behind, but it can hopefully reduce some of the stress on those their families and let them know people care.

I'm asking everyone to help in some way. Even if you can't donate money, please share this link with your friends or send some words of support.

For those that are inclined to open their wallet in a large way, let me offer some thanks. For the first ten donations of $500 or more, I will give a Huntertown Arms Guardian Micro SS .22 suppressor along with the tax stamp and NFA trust (if you don't already have one) absolutely free. Just text or PM me that you have made donation so I can put your name in a slot and print up the confirmation page to bring by.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Kenny Bossetta
    504-717-3377

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/w138/mojo-69-memorial-fund

CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    Kenny thank you for your support of the 1/244 AVN BN. I deployed with Shane and Col. Bossetta from 2003-2005. I has been a pleasure to be under their command.

Top Bottom