10/22 Silver Vein Powder Coat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Just got a new powder coat color in and cant wait to try it out. Thinking about doing the receiver on a 10/22 I just got on trade. It is the laminate one with the hammer forged factory bull barrel. The color is "Silver Vein". It has a hammered silver look with a little texture.
    What does everybody think???

B)%20Silver%20Vein.jpgIMG_20130518_092938_594.jpg

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    No I love the look of the hammer forged barrel on the factory target models. I want to do just the receiver and probably the handle portion of the charging handle for a little accent and something different.

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Here some of the finished pictures from last night. Came out amazing but the pictures don't show it nearly well enough. It actually looks like liquid or a wet metal in person. Definatly different and an eye catcher.

After doing the first coat it was more black with silver coming thru. I wasn't completely happy with that so I recoated with a heavy coat of powder and then a light coat of clear and I love the results. It has a very deep look to it now. I also coated the exposed portion of the charging handle and the take down screw to tie it all together
    I also have the same powder coat in a copper color I want to try on something else.

IMG_20130522_213805_411.jpgIMG_20130522_213831_146.jpgView attachment 40543

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks, It is an awesome color. I am going to do some playing with it because it seems by adjusting how heavy of a coat you put you can get more or less of the silver color out of it.
    I really want to try the Copper Vein I have on something next. Don't know what yet tho

Top Bottom