113th congress HR 226

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I guess this would be one way to make tax payers who don't like guns to pay for an assault rifle. Huge waste of tax dollars. Maybe if the definition is right I can slap a pistol grip on a bunch of old 22 rifles and make a mint.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah someone could definitely make a lot of money with this as it says $2000 flat rate for any assault weapon (pistol or rifle). I don't see how it makes turning in your guns a requirement. Just an option. Like a permanent voluntary buyback. I have a few guns I would give them for $2000 right now. They can have my SKS and my USP CT for $2000 each.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sound like they're preparing for a retroactive ban. Saying "those of you who have weapons that will be banned will be reimbursed..." yadda, yadda.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The only thing about a limit is this:
    (3) DENIAL OF DOUBLE BENEFIT- The taxpayer may elect the application of this section with respect to only 1 weapon, and if such election is made for any taxable year, no deduction shall be allowed under any other provision of this chapter with respect to the surrender or contribution of the specified assault weapon.

I am not sure how to interpret that.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    The way I read it it's a $2000 tax credit, not $2000 cash. So if you're in the 25% tax bracket it lowers your burden by $500... over two years. Not a very good deal unless you've got something cheap or beaten up lying around.

Snoman

Passive Aggressive
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Opelousas
    I believe you're thinking of a 'deduction' not a credit. Tax credits are dollar for dollar offsets of tax owed, not simply a reduction of taxable income.

The way I read it it's a $2000 tax credit, not $2000 cash. So if you're in the 25% tax bracket it lowers your burden by $500... over two years. Not a very good deal unless you've got something cheap or beaten up lying around.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

That's not how a tax credit works.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    BTW the Bill is HR 226 not HR 266. Any way the Congresswoman that intorduced this is a crazy lib from Connecticut she has zero cosponsors on the bill and it will sit in Ways and Means for two years and die never seeing the light of day. Look at some of the guns she has on the list of eligable for the tax credit, looks like she pulled the names off of a Blackops box. Lets be real this will never go any where this was done so she can say look i introduced a bill.

See Vinilla Gorilla's post, #6: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...12-Congress)&p=1169611&highlight=#post1169611

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    No go on the .22's...

(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    BTW the Bill is HR 226 not HR 266. Any way the Congresswoman that intorduced this is a crazy lib from Connecticut she has zero cosponsors on the bill and it will sit in Ways and Means for two years and die never seeing the light of day. Look at some of the guns she has on the list of eligable for the tax credit, looks like she pulled the names off of a Blackops box. Lets be real this will never go any where this was done so she can say look i introduced a bill.

See Vinilla Gorilla's post, #6: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...12-Congress)&p=1169611&highlight=#post1169611

School house rocks ftw

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area

Yeah, either a little dyslexia kicking in or fingers not working like the brain says to. Now if I knew how to correct it I would but didn't see that under edit.:confused: Sorry, had to go to advanced to change, thanks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom