15 Stunningly Dumb Warning Labels

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    One of my personal favorites is on boats with outboard motors: " don't use the motor as a step to get in the boat while the motor is running"-- or something to that effect.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    One of my personal favorites is on boats with outboard motors: " don't use the motor as a step to get in the boat while the motor is running"-- or something to that effect.

While I'm sure they're doing it to protect themselves from legal action, these companies have to be either laughing or shaking their heads as they put these labels on.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    WHO IN THE **** WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO GRAB THE END OF A CHAIN SAW???!!!
    Do-not-hold-the-wrong-end-of-a-chainsaw.jpg

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    My personal favorite is the one on the hair dryer: "Do not use while standing in shower." Come on! You gotta be double stupid for that. Not only do you risk electrocution, but how long do you think it'll take to get your hair dry while standing in the shower?

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The one about not having pet birds in the kitchen is Not Dumb! I would go so far as too say it's too mild of a warning. It should say " Do not use in a building containing pet birds" There have been many many birds killed by self cleaning ovens and someone leaving a dry teflon coated pan on the stove.

I have a rule in my home. No Teflon Allowed!.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    The one about not having pet birds in the kitchen is Not Dumb! I would go so far as too say it's too mild of a warning. It should say " Do not use in a building containing pet birds" There have been many many birds killed by self cleaning ovens and someone leaving a dry teflon coated pan on the stove.

I have a rule in my home. No Teflon Allowed!.

please explain.

Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    The hair dryer. Do Not Use While Sleeping. People love to bust on that one. When I was about 17 or 18, I discovered that, when getting ready for bed, if you stuck the blowdryer under the covers for 10 seconds or so, it warms up the sheets. You haven't lived until you've crawled into a warm bed. Probably, somewhere else along the line, someone else discovered that, and thought, "You know, if I leave that on, all night long, it'll blow warm air on my feet". Upon trying it the dryer undoubtedly overheated and set the bed on fire. Thus: DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING.

Putting people in the washing machine? I don't know of anyone that's done that, but as a kid we used to take rides in the dryer. Dangerous? Hell yeah. Stupid? Hell yeah. But we were kids. Dangerous and stupid were what we did most.

Top Bottom