18 year old arrested in Basille for having shotguns in vehicle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Hey y'all, today KATC reported an 18 year old was arrested in Basille for possessing a 12ga, .410, blow gun, and air pistol because he was a Nonstudent.

IMHO it looks like he just got back from the duck blind.

It clearly states he did not bring any of the firearms into the building, so the obvious reason is that he did not have legal permission to be in the parking lot, but how much of a grey area is that? From what I gathered in Louisiana Criminal Law this past semester was our vehicles are an extension of our home, and Louisiana Revised Statute states that individuals legally possessing firearms in vehicle is protected Constitutionally. Vehicles are still a "GO" for having a firearm in them, even in Gun Free Zones. Can any LEO or lawyers clear this nonstudent issueup for me?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Not exactly an extension of your home, but it is completely legal as long as they were contained completely within the vehicle. More to the story?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    In no way am I trying to play Barracks Lawyer or anything either, just trying to get some good facts down based on Nonstudent and what criminal elements played in this guy's arrest.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    a vehicle was considered an extension of your home, he was well within his right !!! All of that may be out the window because of the Conn. shooting !!!

Last edited:

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I think the main question to ask is, "What caused the initial suspicion for search?"

If the kid pulled up with the 12 ga, .410 and other items in plain view, with everything going on, it's stupid on his part. Legality aside, it was a poor choice if this was the case.

People are on the look out, in fear of "copy cats". If he was dumb enough to pull up at a school with multiple weapons laid out in plain view, shame on him.

Otherwise, how would they have known he had the weapons?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    a vehicle was considered an extension of your home, he was well within his right !!! All of that may be out the window because of the Conn. shooting !!!

Negative, just like government buildings, hospitals, whatnot. Technically the vehicle is and isn't an extension of the home, i.e. we can drink a gallon of whiskey in our home but not our vehicle. (Mental pictures of consuming a gallon of Jack!)

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    What, or where, is Basille ???

North of Crowley, by Eunice. Dad owns the nursing home there.

The 18 year old must have brought attention to himself or the vehicles, although I know 10 years ago at North Vermilion the administration did random vehicle searches which confused a lot of people.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I think the main question to ask is, "What caused the initial suspicion for search?"

If the kid pulled up with the 12 ga, .410 and other items in plain view, with everything going on, it's stupid on his part. Legality aside, it was a poor choice if this was the case.

People are on the look out, in fear of "copy cats". If he was dumb enough to pull up at a school with multiple weapons laid out in plain view, shame on him.Otherwise, how would they have known he had the weapons?
    Says in article he had them in his trunk... Maybe next to the crystal meth?... Nah ...too fat Never mind...*truck* not trunk... :o

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    The article says: "He also has previous arrests this year for hit-and-run, contributing to delinquency of a juvenile, trespassing, and battery."

Sounds like the cops were called as soon as he was spotted.

He apparently has a reputation as someone they don't want on school property. If so, I don't blame them.

Top Bottom