1911 gurus needed *llama 1911 9mm*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91white_ka

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Arabi, la
    Ok so I have this gun. At least that's what it used to be. When I got it the gun wouldn't eject. After looking at it a little bit I realized the ejector that is fast into the frame had broken off. So I stripped it down, then proceeded to use a TIG welder and some files to make the piece that had broken off. Got all that done and got the weapon to cycle freely.

Ok so here is the problem. This model has a beaver tail safety. It also has the regular 1911 safey. Well there is a little plastic spring like device that tensions the thumb safety and the slide lock. That piece tensioning the two broke off and the thumb and beaver tail safety both fell off not allowing the gun to fire.

I would simply like to know if there is a way to bypass those safety's. I'm not looking for a gun to carry and handle. Just want something that goes bang. Thanks in advance, and bring on the flaming safety issues.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    You can purchase a complete 1911 rebuild kit for about $20-25. The kit will include all the springs a detents. I might have an extra one laying around somewhere but I think American Freedom Firearms should have it in stock.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Just reread you post and I now realize your "Plunger Tube" came off the frame. You can purchase a new tube but I would personally have a smith install it.

91white_ka

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Arabi, la
    I see, sorry for the poorly named parts, I'm a mechanic, not a gun smith by any means. What I was worried about with trying to order parts is this is not a full size 1911, and I'm not sure what parts actually would fit it. Obviously it's a very low end gun and there isn't a lot of following for it so its very hard to find info.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I see, sorry for the poorly named parts, I'm a mechanic, not a gun smith by any means. What I was worried about with trying to order parts is this is not a full size 1911, and I'm not sure what parts actually would fit it. Obviously it's a very low end gun and there isn't a lot of following for it so its very hard to find info.

The only 1911 I know of which has a different size plunger tube is the Springfield EMP. I would bet the one on yours is a "normal/regular" size one.

Top Bottom