1911 sights on a glock/xdm/polymer 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullitt31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2017
    Pineville, LA
    What's up guys? I've got a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I can drive nails at 50 yards with no problem. I've also got an XDM in 9mm with the 19+1 capacity. I'm good enough within 10-15 yards with both, but I'm not as accurate with the 9mm out to distance. The XDM already has a match barrel. I have no problems with the trigger. I think the problem is the sights. What I can see clearly at 50+ yards with the 1911, is covered up by the sights on my XDM. I've been searching for something that would more resemble the size and width of the 1911 front sight, but can't really tell much from what I've found.

1. Anyone have any suggestions for what I could replace the sights with on my XDM to get a similar profile to my 1911 but still have something easy to pick up quickly? (In other words, not just some target specific sights, this will be a carry gun)
    2. Anyone know the width of that Springfield Mil Spec front sight post?

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Look at 10-8 performance sights.
    I had a set of them for my M&P40 a couple of years ago that drastically improved my accuracy

Also what’s the difference in sight radii on the guns? I have a sneaking suspicion the 1911 will have a larger sight radius making it inherently more accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullitt31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2017
    Pineville, LA
    That's a good point Instinctshot. It's a 5 inch 1911 and a 3.8 inch xdm. I'm not sure though that it's only the accuracy of the gun because when I pick up the xdm, I just can't see as much around the sights to center a shot.

ca survivor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    Miami, Florida
    Most polymer guns are not built for accuracy, it is build to perform in most circumstances, don't know what brand of 1911 you have but I bet it has a much better trigger than the XDM, and trigger plays a mayor roll in accuracy plus is a heavier gun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom