SOLD: 1913 DWM German Luger 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    I have a 9mm 1913 DWM Police luger with the 1920 Weimar government property stamp for sale. Commonly referred to (but incorrectly) as a dual date luger. This luger also has another interesting collectable quality. It has the sear safety still installed. Sear safeties were a Weimar and then Nazi police requirement. It consisted of a flat spring shaped like a long "z" and riveted to the back of the small hood that shields the sear bar. The front of the spring has a small pin that drops into a hole in the sear bar when the side plate is removed and prevents the bar from being depressed and releasing the firing pin. The top of the side plate is open so the pin in the front of the spring can move with the receiver under recoil. The back upper part of the side plate keeps the spring raised enough to prevent the pin from locking the sear bar. Later they were removed on most guns. It has a loaded chamber indicator with the word Geledan on it which is German for "loaded". Its stamped on the extractor.

All parts match except the trigger and the magazine. The side plate wasn’t originally part of this gun as it’s a Erfurt part as can be seen by the crown stamp. However it does have the correct two digit serial number stamped on it. Once the police got a hold of these guns there were parts replaced, grips replaced, mags. and numbers re-stamped.
    Its in good over all condition with some wear for a 100 year old gun! :D The bore looks good a shiny but does have some slight pitting. Lands and grooves look good. The only real deterrent is the grips appear to be repros. They are old, but either way, they do not belong to this gun and aren’t the correct grips for a P08.

I have several photos of the gun. Price is $750 I am also interested in one or a set of Ruger Vaquero pistols. 4 or 5 inch barrels. .45lc or .357...... I have the P38 listed and will make a deal on both. I live in Covington but work in New Orleans.

Last edited:

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Lowered price and trades. I'm looking for preferably a set (does not have to be consecutive serial numbers) or one Ruger Vaquaro in .45lc or .357 4 or 5 inch barrels. I can deal some if both of the german guns I have listed are bought or traded.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom