1970's army issue m16a1 field manual - help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maysen

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Luling, LA
    so a buddy of mine has been going to these storage auctions and found this manual in a unit inside of a ziploc bag.. it's in excellent condition for a 40+ year old paper manual.. his question is....

is it worth any money or is it not old enough?

i may buy it from him just because..

IMAG0254.jpgIMAG0255.jpg

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    AFAIK, not collectible...I brought an unused one from an online surplus store for just a couple bucks a few years back. I don't think they are that hard to find, but I could be wrong.

maysen

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Luling, LA
    well, about 30 minutes spent searching online, i didn't find the one for the m16a1, but found some for other rifles and other subjects for anywhere between $10 and $30.... my thing is, i just want it just because i have a colt hbar and think it would just be pretty cool to have. i think offering him maybe $10 or $20 would be worth it just to have becuase i want it... any thoughts on that?

maysen

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Luling, LA
    cool Tom, thanks a lot!!! yeah, i'm figuring that since i have a similar rifle.. it would be cool to have and keep in my file cabinet with all my receipts for it and stuff..

maysen

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Luling, LA
    hey tom, thinking back on what your buddy said about pre 1960's ones being collectibles, could you ask him if it would be conceivable that it'd be more valuable in the next 15 to 20 years if i kept it in it's current condition?

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Worth depends on scarcity, condition, and how much someone is willing to pay.

There were a lot of these printed so the likelihood of them going way up in value isn't very good.

Top Bottom