1979 MG trim work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    I have a 1979 MG that needs some trim work: replace side mirror, replace seat padding, replace under dash liner and repair window crank. Not complicated and parts easy to order but no shop in Alexandria wants to work on old foreign car. Does anyone know where this work can be done. I'll take the car anywhere in Louisiana to get the work done.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    I rebuilt a 1974 MGB decades ago. Awesome car to go to college in during the 80's. Wish I still had it, not sure where to send you though. If I can think of anything you'll be the first to know.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I have a 1979 MG that needs some trim work: replace side mirror, replace seat padding, replace under dash liner and repair window crank. Not complicated and parts easy to order but no shop in Alexandria wants to work on old foreign car. Does anyone know where this work can be done. I'll take the car anywhere in Louisiana to get the work done.

The seats aren't terrible to do, but are definitely not enjoyable. The dash is an absolute nightmare. Unless the shop employs 12 year olds, they are going to have one hell of a time getting that out with their fingers intact.

I know of a few MG shops, but not sure exactly where they are in Louisiana. We never tried messing with any exotic/foreign stuff when I worked at a shop, mainly because if you accidentally break anything, that could mean your whole paycheck. Shipping ain't cheap from the UK.

If I find the place that works on them, I'll let you know.

-Dave

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    This doesn't help but..... I had a 79 MGB GT convertible with stripes, royal blue color, real spoke wheels and 4 speed with electric overdrive. It was sweet. Lost it in divorce. She just had to live in the French Quarter. Last time I saw it it was trashed by someone trying to get the BOSE stereo system out. They ripped the top, tore the console up and cut up the seats. It was a nice car. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of room inside. It seems you can never hang on to something nice without someone or something tearing it up for you.

Hope everything works out for you.

Last edited:

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    Select Motors charges by the day. $600 per day plus materials. You leave your vehicle and they keep you posted on how the work is going on a day to day basis. They estimated 3 days for my work but no turn key commitment. In otherwords, they want me to bend over and get butt f___ed!

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Select Motors charges by the day. $600 per day plus materials. You leave your vehicle and they keep you posted on how the work is going on a day to day basis. They estimated 3 days for my work but no turn key commitment. In otherwords, they want me to bend over and get butt f___ed!

3 days????? They must take a lot of "smoke" breaks....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know about repacking the seats but we work on MG's at Jeff Cobb Auto Works.

225-343-7525 Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM
    Baton Rouge, LA 70806

We currently have a '52 TD in the shop. Car is in factory condition too! (aside from the carb)

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    His fusion reactor overpowered the water pump and now it overheats before it gets to 88MPH. And the brakes were something out of the 80's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom