1st. Attempt, Zombie Rounds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The weather is so nice the last several days that I decided to crank out a few Zombie rounds just because I may need them in the future...and I can!
    So, Wadda ya think?
    More paint or less?
    Will they scare the zombies away making them run for momma?

lol.

Attachments

• zombie rounds 003 (1024x683).jpg
      zombie rounds 003 (1024x683).jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 181

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have no idea what you are painting them with, but what affect does that paint residue have on the barrel of you gun?

Got me curious too. If you spray paint and then tumble lube will the paint come off in the barrel? Be sure to show us some loaded rounds too.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    If that stuff hardens like an enamel then leading may not be an issue. Idk if you will get to see them glow from behind the muzzle flash tho.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lol, Alox mixed with Johnsons wax and mineral spirits, Sun dried and spray coated with enamel....Sun dried again...
    I want to see a Green laser looking contrail going for a zombies head....!

If that stuff hardens like an enamel then leading may not be an issue. Idk if you will get to see them glow from behind the muzzle flash tho.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I’ve been experimenting with powder coat painting (electro-static spray then bake). These are an attempt to get the Lewis Gun to run with cast lead bullets. So far I’ve gotten it to cycle fine at 2,400 fps with no fouling in the barrel or gas system what so ever. Spray paint is not the way to go, it is not durable enough & will leave some nasty fouling.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Pretty neat Doug.
    I may look into the powder coating, Looks cool.

I’ve been experimenting with powder coat painting (electro-static spray then bake). These are an attempt to get the Lewis Gun to run with cast lead bullets. So far I’ve gotten it to cycle fine at 2,400 fps with no fouling in the barrel or gas system what so ever. Spray paint is not the way to go, it is not durable enough & will leave some nasty fouling.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Pretty neat Doug.
    I may look into the powder coating, Looks cool.
    I'm having a blast with it, mostly 300 Blackout & .303 so far in rifle and some 9mm & 45's. One interesting thing, if you mix two paint colors, the particles keep their original color. The granite bullet was a half & half mixture of black & white. If you don’t clean the paint gun when you change colors you get some real interesting looking bullets!

One warning: Buy a cheap toaster oven (convection if you can find one) for this. Do not bake powder coat in your kitchen oven. This keeps the defecation from impacting the high speed rotary coolant device when your wife gets home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    icutech1
    Top Bottom