1st King Cake of 2013~~~~and 2nd & 3rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Yesterday on the way to work I decided on the spur of the moment to stop in at one of the local bakeries and grab a King cake. This one will be from Frances' bakery and is the first one of the year for us which some years we have had many and some years only a couple. For the first one of 2013 I chose to get a cream cheese filled version. This one going to be a good one. I could smell it through the plastic bag it was in. .

DSC00909.jpg

When I got to work I brought it into the office because it was getting ready to pour down raining and the dampness in the air was going to make the sugar and icing topping get all melty gooey and stick to the bag. So, I brought it in and put it on one of the counters. I have to say several times during the day I was very tempted to open it and cut off a big chunk to eat. Instead I fought off that craving and it wasn't long after eating dinner that I had to have a slice.

DSC00910.jpg

Sweet delicious goodness!
    DSC00911.jpg

As you can see in this picture the cream cheese filling is actually a filling baked into the cake. Many others put the filling in the center of the top of the cake and cover that with the icing and colored sugars.
    DSC00914-1.jpg

This is a really good King cake and so far no one has gotten the baby yet. I'm thinking I'll cut a slice to bring with me to work for a lil snack later today. With my luck I'll probably get the baby and have to buy the next King cake.

I'm thinking about making my own homemade king cake this weekend.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    We just got my fiance a commercial mixer, today she is getting the ingredients, and tom will learn how to make king cakes and cinnamon rolls. Nothing like a goid king cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Well I was getting ready to bite into that slice brought for a mid morning snack and what do I find? The BABY! Lol...... Looks like I'll be buying the next King cake.

Sorry, not a very good picture. I used an older camera from the office.
    KCBaby20132001.jpg

Reminds me of a time many years ago where I used to work. We used to have a King cake every Friday. It never failed that some people always managed to NOT get the baby whenever someone brought in a King cake. Well, I put a stop to that. On an occaision that I had gotten the baby and it was my turn to bring in the cake for the following Friday I knew someone that worked at the bakery I got the cake from. I special ordered a cake with about two dozen King cake babies in it. That way EVERYONE was darn sure going to get a baby. The person that got the little brown baby was the one who was the designated winner or loser depending how you look at it. Needless to say we all had a laugh and someone did indeed get the brown baby. I'll never forget that.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Man I am so hungry for a Meche's king cake!!! They use their donut dough and it is by far the best I've ever had! My wife teased me with picture of a big slice with Bavarian cream! Come in Monday and plan on screwing up my diet as soon as I get home!!!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Man I am so hungry for a Meche's king cake!!! They use their donut dough and it is by far the best I've ever had! My wife teased me with picture of a big slice with Bavarian cream! Come in Monday and plan on screwing up my diet as soon as I get home!!!

Had one from Meches Thursday, with Bavarian cream...mmmmm I could use another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well I was getting ready to bite into that slice brought for a mid morning snack and what do I find? The BABY! Lol...... Looks like I'll be buying the next King cake.

Sorry, not a very good picture. I used an older camera from the office.
    KCBaby20132001.jpg

Reminds me of a time many years ago where I used to work. We used to have a King cake every Friday. It never failed that some people always managed to NOT get the baby whenever someone brought in a King cake. Well, I put a stop to that. On an occaision that I had gotten the baby and it was my turn to bring in the cake for the following Friday I knew someone that worked at the bakery I got the cake from. I special ordered a cake with about two dozen King cake babies in it. That way EVERYONE was darn sure going to get a baby. The person that got the little brown baby was the one who was the designated winner or loser depending how you look at it. Needless to say we all had a laugh and someone did indeed get the brown baby. I'll never forget that.

Haven't you heard? The pretender has; by Executive Order, mandated that ALL King Cake babies be brown!

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Randazzo's has the best kingcake hands down! Anytime you see over 100 people waiting in line for something, it's got to be good!:)

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Alright the first King cake was delicious and my son had an ahnvie for another King cake so he went out and came home with not one but two King cakes. These are from Manny Randazzo's and he was told these were the last two they had. This was about 11:30 this morning.
    The two he came home with are another cream cheese filled and a Pecan Praline topping version. The Cream Cheese filled one is good but the one from Frances' Bakery was better. Now the Pecan Praline topped one is delicious!

Cream Cheese Filled
    DSC00920.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

And of course my luck prevails. I cut right into the baby this time.
    DSC00931.jpg

The Pecan Praline Topping KC.
    DSC00922.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    this may sound like an odd question. But does anyone know where to get a gluten free king cake? My fiance and soon to be mother in law are allergic to gluten.

Top Bottom