WTS: 2003 Ford Explorer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I ended up gifting the explorer to my grandparents a year or so ago so they would have reliable transportation/working AC during summer, etc. They have had it for the past year and have recharged the freon and performed regular maintenance (oil, fluids, etc). They haven't encountered any issues other than my grandma forgetting to close the gas cap once and the check engine light came on until I told her to make sure it was tight, the light went off after that with no issues since

My grandfather passed back in October and my grandma has decided to move to Houston with her daughter and they have no room/need for another vehicle so she asked me if I would like to have the explorer back..

So it's back up for sale! Odometer reading is now around 250xxx miles and I'm asking $1500 for a quick sale. The original pictures I uploaded have since been deleted from my photo bucket but I will get more and upload them soon.

PM or text with any questions/offers.

318-880-2973

Please note, the vehicle is currently in Alexandria, LA and I am located in Metairie. Serious inquiries only please as it will take some legwork on my part to bring it wherever I need to make the sale.

2f06jgl.jpg
    [/IMG]

To keep things simple I've uploaded more pictures. I have about 10 others I will send upon request.

**Disclaimer** I posted this for sale on this forum prior to gifting it to my grandparents, below is the original post.

This is my current daily driver but I'm looking to pick up something new(er) so I'm putting it up for sale. It still runs strong and has been a great vehicle. To try and simplify things I'm going to list the issues it currently has (not many), then the parts that have been replaced. It has the 4.0 V6, automatic transmission, towing package, full sized spare tire, power windows/locks.

My parents bought this Explorer used from a family friend who was having financial issues back in 2004 with ~30k on the odometer. Currently it has 244xxx miles, so quite a bit more obviously. It was given to me as a gift back in 2011 when my mother bought a new vehicle and it had ~210k on it at that time.

Current issues:

Rear driver side power window doesn't roll down (all others do)

Small rust spot on roof from hitting a rock years ago, around 2 inches diameter, only surface rust. You can see it in the first picture.

Rear bumper has small amount of damage from me being an idiot while I was learning to drive (see picture) doesn't effect function at all.

Driver side vanity mirror cannot be used, if it is opened and the light comes on then a fuse will blow that kills the electronics in the dash. I discovered this a few years ago and just duct taped the mirror closed to keep it from happening, no issues since.

AC blows cold but could use a freon boost since it hasn't had one since around 2010

"Small" oil leak according to 5 minute oil-usually 1/2 quart low when I bring it in they tell me

Slight tear in driver leather seat near the door (from constant compression when getting out of vehicle)

A few scuffs/scratches in the paint (only superficial, not body damage/rust)

Parts replaced since I've had it, and approximate years:

Rear hub bearings (2012)
    New passenger/driver headlight bulb (low beams) (2014
    Front CV joints & upper control arms (2015)
    Rear tie rods (2015)
    New tires (2015, around 8k on them now)
    New battery (2016)

Other than oil every 3-4k miles and a steady supply of gas this thing has been a great vehicle. I wouldn't have any second thoughts about driving it cross country and It's been back and forth to visit family in Alexandria dozens of times since I've had it in addition to several out of state trips as far as Florida. It would make a great beginner vehicle for a highschool student, beater vehicle for a camp/vacation house, or even just a solid daily driver. I'm really needing a truck now and don't want to take it up the arse by the dealership by offering me $500-$1000.

I'm asking $3000 cash, but am willing to deal some. I will accept partial trades for firearms/accessories but am primarily looking for cash to put towards the new vehicle.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom