2007+ toyota tundra???? 4x4

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    So I'm looking to buy a 4x4 07+ tundra soon must be at least extended cab, ....I am just wondering if any of you members own a 07+ 4x4 tundra and if you can give me feedback before I purchase one....

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    YMMV but one of my good friends had one that was top of the line and traded it in two years later. He had a lot of transmission problems with the 4x4 and never used it for anything extreme. But like I said it could just be a bad egg in the bunch...

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    I had an 07order single cab 5.7 6 speed 4x2. Never had a problem with it. It was fast as hell, got rid of it before I got in trouble with it. Wish I hadn't.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    My brother has a 2010 or 2011 quad cab. He loves it and hasn't told me of any issues other than the poor mpg. His is one of those lifted with big tires but never goes offroad versions.

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a 08 2 wheel drive. I love mine yes the mpg is low but it's a full size truck. Mine has 75000 miles and I haven't had any mechanical problems at all. Any questions feel free to ask!

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    AWESOME...im looking @ a 2010, white, 4x4 extended cab, NOT crewmax, w/ 63k miles, 5.7, toyota certified....they are asking $23K.....and mind you I'm up in chicago......1 owner, arkansas truck... if i can get the $ right, i will get it....

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice!!!!! I'd definitely try to talk them down a little. The only thing about the 2010 models is if you lift them they have been having problems with the power steering rack. I'm a member on a tundra forum and the only fix for it is to buy a refurbished 07-08 rack. And that's any kind of lift from a 3 inch leveling kit all the way to the 12 inch lift kits.

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Nice!!!!! I'd definitely try to talk them down a little. The only thing about the 2010 models is if you lift them they have been having problems with the power steering rack. I'm a member on a tundra forum and the only fix for it is to buy a refurbished 07-08 rack. And that's any kind of lift from a 3 inch leveling kit all the way to the 12 inch lift kits.

thanks! thats def good to know! i obviously had no idea.......

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I bought a 2010 and traded it in as soon as I could. The cam sensor had to get changed out twice. Changing a cam sensor is about as complex as changing a cam. Each time it felt like it lost more power when they were done which is what really bothered me as I paid for a 5.7 liter truck with allot of power.
    IMO toyota is not what they used to be. Plenty of people feel otherwise and have had good luck with their tundras though.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have an 08 5.7l 2WD. The only two issues that EVERYONE seems to have is the power locks break, the new ones they replace them with seem to work fine and eventually there is some sort of sensor that gets wet in the wheel well and throws your CEL on. For a while they couldn't get any from Japan, it is a design flaw, and I cannot for the life of me think of what it is called right now. Toyota sent out a TSB extending the warranty on that part for 10 years, so you should be good to go.

My Dad has had to have his CD changer changed out twice on his, but I believe the defective CD changers where just in the 07 Models.

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I bought a 2010 and traded it in as soon as I could. The cam sensor had to get changed out twice. Changing a cam sensor is about as complex as changing a cam. Each time it felt like it lost more power when they were done which is what really bothered me as I paid for a 5.7 liter truck with allot of power.
    IMO toyota is not what they used to be. Plenty of people feel otherwise and have had good luck with their tundras though.

interesting.....yea, this one im looking at is certified so i will be covered...

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    so no go on that tundra.....didnt look right....but i did find a silver 2008 crewmax 4x4 for just under $21k....might purchase that one tomorrow....but it has 80k miles....idk...

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I have an 08 5.7l 4wd that has been a fantastic truck (except for gas mileage). The power and towing difference from my 05 150 FX4 was unbelievable. I have 120k miles on it.

Top Bottom