WTS: 2008 KLR650 fully loaded $3.7k!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    This bike has been ridden the way a KLR should be, over unimproved surfaces. As such, understand, before you look further, this is not a bike that was just ridden to church on Sunday. She has been dropped many times, but that's why she has a custom steel tube rear luggage frame, and front crash cage.

Also, this is a honest add, I mention everything up front. It saves me time and trouble, and it saves you time and trouble. The good, the bad, the ugly, its all laid out below (no secrets here).

She is a 2008 KLR 650 with 14,8XX miles, fully loaded with all the options you desire. I am asking $3.7k and am willing to delivery within a few hundred miles of Shreveport. If your serious, ill work out a one way delivery further away, but well discuss that if your interested. I own it free and clear and have title in hand so a simple strait up deal. If interested please contact me via message here, or via email at douglas22lr (at) gmail. I am more than willing to trade for guns. heck, the deal with my wife is that if I sell it I can drop some cash and replace part of my collection that I sold to buy her ring.

The Good:
    - You want it, its probably already got it.
    - Pelican Hard cases all around (there is a case for the tail but it cant hold a helmet so I usually just keep the stock tail bag on it).
    - Custom welded steel frame luggage rack. I didnt want aluminum, I wanted steel tube, something to take a beating and keep on chugging. Its fully custom, welded up by a local shop. You can take it apart, and the sections come apart for easy storage. The cases are detachable (with a simple wing nut, but not quite a full QD system), and you can lock the cases to the frame as well as lock the actual case lid.
    - Skid Plate
    - Front cage and highway pegs
    - Real handguards (nice aluminum strip to keep em tough and able to take a beating)
    - Taller handlebars
    - A front fender that doesn't try to kill you at highway speeds
    - Gel battery
    - Corbin dished seat (well used)
    - Eagle mike doohicky installed
    - Newish gripster tires (maybe 2k miles on em)
    - Brand new o-ring chain and sockets (16t front)
    - Brand new front and rear brake pads (also flushed both front and rear with new fluid)
    - Plastics were sprayed with bedliner (just touched em up, so they are in great shape)
    - Extended shifter lever
    - Stock rear and front tank bags included
    - The current tank bag is a ATV saddle bag, I love it, larger and more useful to me, just well faded.

The Bad:
    - She knows what a trail looks like, and she has been dropped a few times, this bike was not just ridden to church every Sunday (although it was ridden to church on sunday..... so....)
    - A lot of scratches and scrapes from drops and trail riding
    - The pelican cases can withstand a crash, many scratches on them as well. However, these things are tough and can take a beating. I think ive dropped the bike 5 or 6 times on the cases. Trust me when I say they can take a beating, and they stick out far enough to save your legs (if, like me, your not always able to get your leg out from under the bike before you hit the ground).

The Ugly:
    - When I did the doohicky 4 years ago, the seal didn't seat right (or I missed a spot with sealant). There is a very minor oil leak from the top of the case. I never pulled it back off as its very minor, maybe a tablespoon over the course of a few months, but just enough to stain the case.
    - I had new Avon Gripster tires put on, and when I did I didn't put the exhaust back correctly. So I'm driving down the road and loe and behold I notice my back tire smoking. Yup, the tire rubbed the exhaust a bit.... Doesn't affect function, and I've put a few thousand miles on it since with no issues, but its there. That said, ill have a new tire delivered to you incase you want to replace or to have a spare.

The chipped bedliner has since been retouched. So the red on the side plastic is no more.....
    1450071_10152260976986601_1095191094965970719_n.jpg

10690314_10152260977086601_410700621083327630_n.jpg

New sprockets and O-ring chain
    10689761_10152239114866601_1878381116221725735_n.jpg

The tire rub (again, ill send you a replacement tire)
    10659402_10152239114481601_506910079206514050_n.jpg

SOLD!!!!!

Last edited:

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Bump for a great bike.

Im wanting to sell the KLR as I just got married and bought a larger bike that is more conducive to riding 2 up.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom