2008 Presidential election simplified.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Do you REALLY, honestly, in your heart of hearts think the American Idol generation would actually do it? For all the "cold dead hands" talk, most gun owners won't follow up. I certainly wouldn't. And even if a handful of the Molon Labe types did do something, they would quickly be painted as right-wing terrorists and discredited.
    I have a son and woman I love, and their safety is more important to me than my guns. And you may think that is self centered, but my number one principle is to them. As such I plan to fight them before it comes to that. I will vote for the slow rot over the quick death, because if it buys more time with the people and things that I love, then it was worth it.
    To get all philosophical about it, the choice (any choice, ALL CHOICES) has always been between the lesser of two evils. There has never been an ideal principled utopia. The struggle between principles and reality has always been, and will always be. The world has always been slowly rotting, such is the condition of life. You're only born so you can die. The world will never get better, and there was never a better time than right now. The more things change, the more they stay the same. The "good ole' days" were a lie. I am the walrus... :rofl:

ETA: Upon re-reading that, its obviously WAY past my bedtime. :D

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I don't want Utopia, I want freedom.

Being free is hard, dangerous, frightening at times, and a struggle. Pussies and elitists run our country, and now the planet, neither of them want freedom. Elitists, aka Wolves, want control and the pussies want to be taken care of/controlled...they are aka Sheep.

You're right, those Molon Labe patriots, aka Sheep Dogs, would be painted as such by the elitists and pussies in media, and in government. So what, Thomas Jefferson and the American freedom fighters were painted that way too(aka sheep dogs). The American Revolution was won with 10% of the population, and a little help from elsewhere.

No offense, but -my guns > your family- to me. You have it in the right order for you. You have every right to be "self centered" when it comes to your life and family. I am the same with mine.

I understand your philosophy but I don't agree with it.

I believe in voting, but I also believe that there is a time when a vote means nothing and principle means everything when the only alternative is to vote against ones principles.

If you want to wake the people up...let them suffer, they will come to.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm not the one who is bitching about pacified PC tongue biting while telling someone they should bite their tongue... :rolleyes:

I didn't tell anyone that they should bite their tongue and hold their opinion. To the contrary; I said "It's called civil discourse. We all can voice our opinion and believe the other is wrong. By your statement alone I could say the same thing about you."

Nowhere in that statement is the slightest inference of my telling one they can't say anything. Quite the opposite is true.

Insofar as the topic at hand; McCain will continue us on the path of where we are now..eroded civil rights, a war that is draining the country financially and the most dismal economy since the great depression.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Insofar as the topic at hand; McCain will continue us on the path of where we are now..eroded civil rights, a war that is draining the country financially and the most dismal economy since the great depression.
    And the Marxist paths of Hand-out Hillary or the Obamanation are to be preferred?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    At least both of us can agree on one thing - this 2 party system sucks. We are both on just other ends of the spectrum. I believe the lesser of the choices available to me is Obama. I would rather have a Canadian government than a Saudi Arabian government anyday.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I would rather have the dems win over Mcwar.

Then they can screw everything up, and people will see that that BS they spout doesnt work.

I know many of us on this board are more then capable of getting through some ****.

Aww how cute.. He said Paulbot : ) hehe *giggle*

"we should be over there for 100 years if thats what it takes" haha Mcwar

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Do you really think the Commander-in-Chief has any choice? Mark my words, NO MATTER WHO WINS, WE WILL BE IN IRAQ FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS. I don't like it, I don't agree with why we went, but thats the geopolitical reality...

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Good Lord!!!! Would all of ya'll please go change your tampons and take a Midol?
    It was started as a friggin political joke. Jesus frieakin' Christ.
    Ya'll do know what a joke is don't ya?

zitch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    At least both of us can agree on one thing - this 2 party system sucks. We are both on just other ends of the spectrum. I believe the lesser of the choices available to me is Obama. I would rather have a Canadian government than a Saudi Arabian government anyday.

This.

At least Obama says* he believes in the "individual right to keep and bear arms" interpretation of the Second Amendment. Unfortunately, he follows it up with the idea that communities have the right to restrict that right. I guess "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean anything. But at least he does acknowledge that the 2nd Amendment exists. Clinton just said that she would try to reinstitute the AWB because "cops are outgunned" during the PA debates... :rolleyes:

This might be blasphamy to say here, but guns aren't my highest priority when it comes to who to pick for Presidency. The economy and competent leadership are my top priorities for the top of the Executive Branc and McCain hasn't proven to me that he has even a basic concept of economics or proven his leadership skills are stronger than either of the Democratic nominees. Of couse, he does have until November to prove otherwise.

In any case, I focus more on rights and issues when it comes to the Legislative branch. As much as I agree with Ron Paul's platform, I feel he's shown poor leadership skills in many areas. Hence I'd like for him to stay in Congress where he would actually do the most good. And I'd like to vote for Representatives and Senators who share the same ideals. Assault Weapons Bans (or any other kind of ban) still have to go through Congress.

* Yeah, I know. What Obama "says" may not be what he "believes" . But at least he's been much more consistent than the other two about what he's saying, another couple of reasons that I liked Ron Paul so much.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    do any of you actually support obama cuz it sounds like it to me. i will never vote for a left wing liberal that wants to take guns away and give our money to the poor people in africa. i already support countless african children in this country.

and as for the opinion "let a dem win and screw it up": do you really think the same generation you were bitching about before will actually step up and fix the problems? no one has balls anymore. no one is going to lead an uprising to take the country back, even if thats what is needed. and i dont see any william wallace's on here. just a bunch of hot air

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    This.

At least Obama says* he believes in the "individual right to keep and bear arms" interpretation of the Second Amendment. Unfortunately, he follows it up with the idea that communities have the right to restrict that right. I guess "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean anything. But at least he does acknowledge that the 2nd Amendment exists. Clinton just said that she would try to reinstitute the AWB because "cops are outgunned" during the PA debates... :rolleyes:

This might be blasphamy to say here, but guns aren't my highest priority when it comes to who to pick for Presidency. The economy and competent leadership are my top priorities for the top of the Executive Branc and McCain hasn't proven to me that he has even a basic concept of economics or proven his leadership skills are stronger than either of the Democratic nominees. Of couse, he does have until November to prove otherwise.

In any case, I focus more on rights and issues when it comes to the Legislative branch. As much as I agree with Ron Paul's platform, I feel he's shown poor leadership skills in many areas. Hence I'd like for him to stay in Congress where he would actually do the most good. And I'd like to vote for Representatives and Senators who share the same ideals. Assault Weapons Bans (or any other kind of ban) still have to go through Congress.

* Yeah, I know. What Obama "says" may not be what he "believes" . But at least he's been much more consistent than the other two about what he's saying, another couple of reasons that I liked Ron Paul so much.

I agree with you. Let me correct my statement that you quoted as I forgot one word which changes the meaning. The lesser of the evil...is Obama. That is who I'll be voting for.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Look at the bright side if the dems win I am going to retire and live off of the system. If you can't beat them join them.

I wish Oprah would run for the Presidency with Rosie O as her VP.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I took my "Ron Paul for President" sign put of my yard about 2 months ago. Its still in my garage though... maybe there will be a miracle of some sort.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    mine is still in my yard, and it will be until the fat lady sings.

Someone stole my other one, so I lined this one with sharp tacks and staples...no one has touched it as far as I can tell, no blood trails.

:D

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I agree with you. Let me correct my statement that you quoted as I forgot one word which changes the meaning. The lesser of the evil...is Obama. That is who I'll be voting for.

you will vote for a man that supports an all out gunban and a bill that gives $485billion to the UN to help "global poverty" even though we have a large budget deficit now and the economy isnt helping? someone with no experience and the most liberal track record in the senate? you will vote for man that will not salute the flag or say the pledge of alegence?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom