2010 Shooting Season - Which major matches are you attending?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    Area 6 is the best match I've seen or shot. Many different looks and challenges. Last year there was 12 stages and one had 6" steel plates at 35 yards, 33, 25, 20, and 15. That COF was all steel and scattered all over a huge bay. There was a window that you had to hold a rope to keep it open and a Texas star behind it. Two targets on a trolley with a no-shoot between them and much much more.

If that sounds like fun...put area 6 on your list.

Buddy

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    You will need 300+ rounds. The match will be close to that number however it would be wise to bring extra if you have to re-shoot a stage, it has happened before.

The cost is $130 American. The date is scheduled for October 24 & 25. Check the "lagator.org" website for more information. You need to be a USPSA member and get a classification for whichever class you intend to shoot in. There is time to do this before Oct.

If you need anymore information send me a PM with your contact info and I'll get back with you.

Beauxdog:)

Cool thanks for the info. Are there any competitions in La that are dedicated to steel only?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Area 6 is the best match I've seen or shot. Many different looks and challenges. Last year there was 12 stages and one had 6" steel plates at 35 yards, 33, 25, 20, and 15. That COF was all steel and scattered all over a huge bay. There was a window that you had to hold a rope to keep it open and a Texas star behind it. Two targets on a trolley with a no-shoot between them and much much more.

If that sounds like fun...put area 6 on your list.

Buddy

I can't wait. :x:

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    For those of us who are relatively new to competitive shooting, can someone post links to these matches on here?

I know about the gator, but double tap, area 4, Nick's Shooting Range Championship match, I know nothing about. I didn't know about prerequisites either. I knwo that most of these are on the calendar but they don't necessarily list all the details.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    April - Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun Championships (Sabre Defense) Park City, Kentucky

May - Steel City Carbine Championships, Birmingham, AL

Aug - Rocky Mountain 3 Gun World Championships, NRA shooting Ctr, Raton, NM

and all local matches in between for practice so I can hang with the Wongs and Curtis, LOL

Last edited:
    Top Bottom