2012 Gator Classic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rig Magician

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Houma
    Well it is over for this year. I had a blast, I almost backed out last week and did not shoot since I have not shot a match since May. Mr. Gary talked me into shooting and I had a great time. I did not finish Last in my division, so I feel I did OK. Now I have to practice for next years Gator, If I am home I will be there and I will help out who ever takes over for Mr Gary and Ms Barbara. I would like to say thank you to both of them for there hard work to put this on.
    Mark

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    GMSHOOTER took the L-10 title
    DMH got 2nd overall in single stack and that guy that makes the green bullets in Gramercy finished 2nd B-single stack
    I can't type worth a flip. Click on the link and see for yourself.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Those of you, who shot the match, please please please look through the match booklet and call, write, or e-mail the match/stage sponsors or anyone listed in the book that helped to put this match on and thank them. It isn't much of a return on their money but they will appreciate the thanks.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Those of you, who shot the match, please please please look through the match booklet and call, write, or e-mail the match/stage sponsors or anyone listed in the book that helped to put this match on and thank them. It isn't much of a return on their money but they will appreciate the thanks.

This above all needs repeating. Its importance is immeasurable. Great group of sponsors.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I was there all week helping set up. This morning, I feel like I have been beat. Dont' forget to thank Gary, Barb, Annette, Forrest, Steph, Joe, and probably a bunch of others that have been working tirelessly to put this on.

John58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sent in my cert for the Hi-Viz sights and thanked them for being a sponsor. Gary and Barb did a great job of running the match. Who is going to take up the slack now that they have retired from running it. We should all help to make the 2013 Gator as good as this one.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    2nd Place Production "D" Class

n2ninbke2xng4ezr0qnc.jpg

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    What a great match. Thanks to all of the staff and sponsors that make it possible. Can't wait til next year.

I wasn't thrilled with my shooting during the match, but I was pleased with the results. My goal going in was to win B class and place in the top 10 and I managed to do both. The 2nd place section finish was unexpected and had more to do with the misfortune of others, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I would like to say THANK YOU to all of the competitors who stopped by the table to either shop or just hi and introduce
    yourself. Hats off to the match directors (Gary/Barbra). RO's, stats, and everyone who made this match possible. We have one of the best matches around. Whoever takes this over will do a fantastic job as all the ground work is done. We just need to back them up. Congrats to all of the winners!!!

formulaforspeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Prairieville LA
    I agree, the gator was a great experience. Having only started shooting 17 months ago, I don't have many matches under my belt. 12 to be exact, and the gator was my first level 3. I was impressed with the organization and planning, it is very obvious the amount of work Gary and Barbara put into the planning and execution. I will definitely be attending more matches like this in the future.

Aggieddad02

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Well my FIRST Gator is now behind me and what can I say that has not been said. Gary, Barbara, RO's, match staff, vendors and anyone who had anything to do with this a big Thanks. I almost backed out early in the summer when I realized it would happen on opening weekend of deer season, this would mean that the first time in 24 years I would not be there on opening morning. But I had heard so many great things about the match I stuck with my plans. I am a D class Limited shooter and had no plans or aspirations of wowing anyone, but I had an absolute blast with my squad, all of my friends who were there and more importantly with my NEW friends. Thanks again to everyone for such a great opportunity with such a great bunch of people. BTW, I will be there next year - To hell with deer season LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom