2013 Nick's PPC competition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Well, it starts back up this Sunday morning at 0830. 60 rounds. Based on accuracy, not speed. An excellent place to learn competition shooting with low stress and a lot of fun. Who else will be there besides me???

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Hard to explain but the 10 "ring" is much narrower and longer than before and will require greater accuracy to hit the 10 ring, even at the shorter distances.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Don't be vague. Give us something we can copy and paste to Facebook or other sites.
    What....as in What is PCC and why should a noob be interested in participating?
    Where...Nicks doesn't tell a noob who has never been there where to go. Tell us a street address and city.
    When....When does this event start and when is expected to end? Yeah, I see sunday morning at 8:30am. for this one.
    Cost...Is there an entry fee and if so how much to play?
    Gear....What should a first timer bring to get the most out of this?

I'm not trying to be an ass but there are numerous websites, forums and other social media sites where people interested in firearms hang out. The world is only a keyboard away. We should be advertising these events to the public instead of posting like it's a inside joke or secret handshake thing. Post something in a way that those of us who aren't in the clique can copy and paste to distribute to the masses. Unless it is indeed a closed clique thing where noobs are not welcome to play and learn. IF that is the case.....then nevermind.

Last edited:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    All the information needed is in the link to Nick's Shooting Range as listed above but since you did not look there here is more information for you.

Rules and equipment needed - http://www.nicksshootingrange.com/n....html?OBNsid=87cdb3d40f1d80382617883f23eb74b1

Entire match schedule for the year - http://www.nicksshootingrange.com/nppc-match-schedule-2013-i-70.html

Written description of every match we shoot - http://www.nicksshootingrange.com/nppc-matches-2013-i-69.html

Monetary payouts fo rthe winners of each division in each weekly match. $13 to shoot each match and you can shoot in both open and limited with an entry fee for both. Monetary payout to every one who shoots the Championship match.

Match last approx 2-2.5 hrs

Last edited:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Since I have change back to my old shift I will be able to shoot on Thursdays and Sunday morning again. Sunday will be my main day to shoot. I will also now be able to go shoot the Wednesday night match at Southern Shooting Center again. I am going to be shooting my 40 cal more this year and if I can find a nice SS Springfield 45 ACP I like I will put that into use as well.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    This was looking very interesting, until I started reading about the stages. 3 targets, 3 to center, 3 to head, 6 seconds? Way over my abilities. I might come out to watch though. How's the entrance road, alright for a motorcycle?

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I think you may have misunderstood the stage description. Which stage did you look at? These stages are able to be shot by even a novice shooter and you are not required to draw from a holster until you are classified as a "B" class shooter or above. Just like any competition as your skill improves the matches become a little easier to shoot. The road is in good condition and some shooters do come on motorcycles. If you want to shoot you are welcome to use my gun and ammo to try it out. It is a fun, quick match to shoot.

Here is me shooting one of the matches a while back

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    Nicks is the perfect place to learn the fundamentals. The par times are very generous, not sure what stage you looked at but he would not have three targets with six rounds each in six seconds. He requires a reload after every six shots.

Top Bottom