(2013) Valentines ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Might as well face it, we suck at this stuff.

So we should just band together and help each other out.

This could just as easily be an anniversary topic too.

-------------------------------

I for one enjoy taking my girls on a date with Dad and the wife takes the boy out,
    >Dinner and Shopping(Which at this age is the toy section :rofl: )

Mama & I wait til the weekend to treat ourselves. I'm not going all out this year b/c next year is our 10th anniversary and I plan to go big on that.

So, ON WITH THE SUGGESTIONS MEN!

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Subscribed! She's tired of getting mace and guns that I end up taking with ME to the range. My wife is deployed right now so got to get something I can stick in a box that's consumable due to bag space.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't know why they still like flowers, but they do. I would love for women to start being more practical about a gift that is overpriced on these occasions that will be in the trash in 5 days or so.

Most important gift; not forgetting! ;)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If anyone wants to drop some money on jewelry.

Check your local jewelry store for Persona Bracelets http://www.personaworld.com/

$40 for the Starter bracelet and then each bead ranges from $20 to $75 each.
    But you can build on it over the years.

My mother-n-law got one of these last year and after adding the beads for grandchildren marriage and a few others specifics and stuff it ended up being around $450. So yea go easy on the beads at first.

Leave room for adding some on as the years go by and it won't cost hundreds up front.

j8t5t5fpajex1pab2ito.jpg

The baby feet were for the grandchildren, the Horse Shoe for my father-n-law(Rides cutting Horses) etc stuff like that.

4t041p8vyf6vuqchk994.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    My lady has to work valentines day, so I'm taking the day off cleaning the house, cooking dinner, etc. she thinks I'm working so it will be a nice surprise. Still don't know what to cook, but I'll figure that out. It is just a hold over until I can get her what she actually wants. This year she specifically asked for a glock 19. It will be her first gun and she made a pretty damn good choice. She is still on the fence as it relates to gen 3 stippled or gen 4 stock.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I usually try to encourage jewelry as a gift. I kinda relate it to firearms, the oldest possession I have is a firearm from my grandfather-the oldest possession my wife has is a piece of jewelry from her grandmother. It will be here forever and always hold value. It is not something consumable like flowers or a bag that will be short lived.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm gonna pop the question this valentines day! Got ring, this afternoon gonna start looking for reservations. Kinda late but oh we'll lol. Anyone have any good quiet dinner locations they like?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I'm gonna pop the question this valentines day! Got ring, this afternoon gonna start looking for reservations. Kinda late but oh we'll lol. Anyone have any good quiet dinner locations they like?

If you're gonna pop the question over dinner, make it a personal spot and/or someplace you won't mind visiting for years to come. Ohhh, and Congrats!!

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I'm good on valentines day this year. Took her on a surprise anniversary trip last weekend. I surprised her by sending flowers on Wednesday telling her to hurry home so she could pack for our surprise getaway. Never told her where we were going until we got past Beaumont. Then let her know we were staying at hotel za za and had dinner reservations for papas bros steakhouse for the evening. Upon arrival at room and after enjoying her pure shock of amazement at the approx 1100 sq foot room, and the views there was a knock at the door where she was greeting with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries etc. The following morning after she kept bugging me about the days activities so finally I told her pack her bags we were going on to San Antonio! We arrived at a bed and breakfast on the riverwalk. Our "honeymoon" suite was the only room on the 3rd floor and had 2 balconies with both views of downtown and the riverwalk. She was greeted there with rosé's and rose pedals on the bed in a heart shape, wine chocolates, and a gift that I had mailed ahead of time. Dinner that evening was atop the towers of America and the views were phenomenal!!! That day started with breakfast being delivered in bed and then we did some zip lining and spent the remainder of the day along the riverwalk. The following day she was surprised with private in room massages and then we did some more of the local attractions in the area. Overall a GREAT experience. San Antonio is truly amazing. Pappas brothers steakhouse was out of this world!!! The Kobe beef was top notch!!! Only thing i would do differently is stay another day or so in San Antonio.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm good on valentines day this year. Took her on a surprise anniversary trip last weekend. I surprised her by sending flowers on Wednesday telling her to hurry home so she could pack for our surprise getaway. Never told her where we were going until we got past Beaumont. Then let her know we were staying at hotel za za and had dinner reservations for papas bros steakhouse for the evening. Upon arrival at room and after enjoying her pure shock of amazement at the approx 1100 sq foot room, and the views there was a knock at the door where she was greeting with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries etc. The following morning after she kept bugging me about the days activities so finally I told her pack her bags we were going on to San Antonio! We arrived at a bed and breakfast on the riverwalk. Our "honeymoon" suite was the only room on the 3rd floor and had 2 balconies with both views of downtown and the riverwalk. She was greeted there with rosé's and rose pedals on the bed in a heart shape, wine chocolates, and a gift that I had mailed ahead of time. Dinner that evening was atop the towers of America and the views were phenomenal!!! That day started with breakfast being delivered in bed and then we did some zip lining and spent the remainder of the day along the riverwalk. The following day she was surprised with private in room massages and then we did some more of the local attractions in the area. Overall a GREAT experience. San Antonio is truly amazing. Pappas brothers steakhouse was out of this world!!! The Kobe beef was top notch!!! Only thing i would do differently is stay another day or so in San Antonio.

Good lord dude! I was thinking some earrings and a bottle of wine, maybe some flowers sent at work if I'm feeling romantic...

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Good lord dude! I was thinking some earrings and a bottle of wine, maybe some flowers sent at work if I'm feeling romantic...

Lmao. That was for 10th anniversary!!! He asked for anniversary ideas as well.... I think I should be good for valentines day this year.

Top Bottom