.22 LR 1911s? Who knows what.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CRUE CAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Melbourne Florida
    I only know of three right now and I dont think the RIA is out yet.
    But of the ATI (gsg) and the Chippia does any one have any actual experience with either.
    I liked the Chippia, but it felt rather cheap but the reviews are great on it.
    I went to my local today to check out the ATI and they are now closed on Mondays.
    So I cant actually hold one till tomorrow.
    I have been on a gun buying binge as of late and this needs to be my last purchase for a while.
    Iam a 1911 lover/freak/enthusiast, whatever you want call it and would rather have a dedicated gun more so than a conversion kit.
    Sould I buy now, or wait till the Rock Island comes available? I do have a RIA commander in .45 and really like it.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have a KART 6" 22 conversion. It is new and never shot so I can't give a range report. However, I was told it was once one of the best. I bought it with my 6" S/A Omega 10mm, but it still needs to be fitted.

I also have a Kimber 22 conversion top end and it works well.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I thought that was actually made by Chiapa with a Colt stamp???????

Uh...no.

Colt .22 uppers and Ace models have been produced, by Colt, since the 1930's at least. Pretty sure that today's Colt upper is produced by Colt. Could be wrong, but don't think so.

And there is another choice for you. The Colt Ace. But be ready to pay for these. Collectoritis in spades and the older they are (depending on condition of course) the more they go for, like $2k and up.

fishman525

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Gonzales LA
    Colt will be releasing three Gov't model 1911 22lr sometime in Nov. 2010. Sold through Uramex so probably made by the same manufacturer as the AR in 22lr

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a .22 Colt conversion unit and I put it on top of an Essex frame many years ago. It works great but it is not the most accurate gun around. Good for playing with but not for any real precision shooting. Then about 2 years ago, I got a Marvel unit. I put it on top of my Colt Gold Cup frame. This thing will shoot with the best of them. I had an STI frame built to take this unit and it has a single stack grip. This way I can use regular mags without the shims for the double stack mags. I have not had a chance to shoot it since getting it back (only been a couple of weeks) but will get to play with it very soon. I have both top-ends for this unit, so this means I can shoot it with the C-more and iron sights as well. I will try to post some pics a little later.

Beauxdog :)

echass

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Slidell , La.
    I have the Kimber 22LR 1911 two tone from the Kimber custom shop . The gun is great the best ammo I found for it is 40gr CCI MINI-MAG round nose .

CRUE CAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Melbourne Florida
    Welp I bought the GSG today. Pretty nice for $320.00.
    Pic it up in a few days.
    Nice solid feel to it, had a Puma right next to it. Puma was a little rattly in comparison.
    GSG had a nicer back strap and hammer and ambi safty levers.
    Will get it to the range in a couple of weeks.

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    the new colt 1911 22lr just has the colt name its made by Uramex just like the 22lr m4 that they came out with is made by them to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom