22 LR Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Browning Buckmark

051407m.jpg

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Consider the Taurus 94 line of revolvers. They are made to take .22 short, long, or long rifle.

Being a revolver you don't have any concerns about the ammo having enough poop to cycle the slide. If it will fit in the cylinder it will go bang. No magazines to buy, lose, or wear out.

I have one in blued finish, 4" barrel. The trigger double action isn't anything to write home about but single action is not bad. Several thousand rounds through it with no issues.

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I have two Walther p22's with thousands of rounds through them with no problems, i also really like the Ruger 22 lite models

The reason why I say no on the p22, I have one also and it really only likes cci's. I used some cheap ammo when I first got it and the slide went KABOOM! Had to send it back and get it fixed. As far as shooting it's a great pistol but I wouldn't recommend just shooting any ammo in it. Just my $.02

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    a revolver is going to be your best bet. SOme autos are less picky than others, but every one I have ever shot was ammo picky to some degree. Want to test an auto out, put 50 rounds of golden bullet thru it and see how many malfunctions you have.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    +1 on the Smith & Wesson M&P .22.
    I was in Academy yesterday on Vets and they had one, don't recall the price.
    I have shot almost every cheap .22 ammo out there and the M&P eats them up.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Buckmark or mkii/iii are prob the best functioning autos. Personally got a ruger sr22 for ease of field stripping and size. Only had one chanve to shoot It so far, but ate 250 rounds of WWB bulk with only one failure (ftfeed)

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Buck marks are fine 22s but I love my Ruger MKl ll & lll. With my MKll being my favorite. My MKlll now wears a Millette SP2.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I've shot most of the 22 pistols out there and my favorites are the Ruger MK series and the Browning Buckmark series. Just scored a sweet MKII this weekend so they are out there to be had. What were you looking at spending?

e7u2usyt.jpg

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I've got a Ruger Standard Pistol and love to shoot it. Never had a feed problem with the original magazine but fails to feed occasionally with Ruger MK1 spare magazines. Not real easy to take apart to clean, pain in the butt to put back together.
    My son in law has a Browning Buckmark and it's a sweet gun, really accurate. Not such how reliably it is feeding wise.
    And I recently bought a Ruger Single Ten revolver. Never jams.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ruger MKII and Buckmarks are my recommendation...all of the MKIIs that I've owned ate anything I had and my shooting buddys Buckmark does the same. Both great feeling pistols too.

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    Ruger Mark II or III and Buckmark for sure and I have a S & W target pistol that is not too shabby. You can pick up the S & W at Academy new for $300.00. I've also have the SR 22 and it is pretty good. I would stay away from the Sig Misquito, I have one and it is very picky on ammo, will only shoot the CCI mini mag stuff. I have a Colt (Walther) 1911 also but, it jams a lot.

Top Bottom