22 mag semi auto rifle for 200 bucks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah, i was waiting for that as well since I have zero experience with and haven't done much reading on the .17's.

The WSM is the one that uses the .27 Cal ramset Shell's?

It’s based off of the blank cases, but it’s uses its own case. A .17 cal bullet moving 3000 fps sound spicy.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    It’s based off of the blank cases, but it’s uses its own case. A .17 cal bullet moving 3000 fps sound spicy.

Wow. Just did a quick peek at wiki specs, 20gr at 3000+ = 400 ft lbs! That's more than any .22mag I've seen data on!
    Also I had no idea the 27 Cal blanks they base it off of are 30+ mm in case length!

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Before this gets derailed off onto 17 Maggot rifles, here is the only review that I have found on the Rossi 22 Magnum auto rifle on the Impact Guns site:

Overall this little rifle will turn out to be a popular gun. Out of the box it has some problems. First read the manual and clean all of the protective coatings and grease and clean thoroughly. While cleaning ;dry fire by putting your thumb on the hammer and pull trigger. Do not let the hammer slam forward. Stop it with your other thumb. I did this many times and the trigger pull dropped by 2 pounds at least. Effectively you are polishing the fine burrs from trigger and sear. It does make a difference. Second, and this is something that Rossi (or their manufacturing company) should do. The end of the barrel chamber has very sharp edges that should be polished out (not sanded, not filed) but polished with polishing compound and jeweler rouge. The sharp edges actually will shave the brass and leave the action covered in tiny brass shavings. More important, jams caused will damage the bullets. Jamming and failure to load will result. I went through 7 or 8 bullet types and shapes. The sharp edge on chamber will grab the bullet right where the casing begins. Many jams. Shot a couple of hundred rounds first day. During my second cleaning (first was out of box) I polished the barrel end. Just polished and just the edge with a dremel tool and felt cone with polishing paste and rouge. NOTE: You are not removing material just polishing the edge. Second time out I shot many more shots. It favors the more pointed bullet shapes but now feeds almost all ammo. It is very accurate and fun to shoot. Looking forward to my third trip to the range.

PS I had a number of different 17HMR rifles and pistols when it first came out and all were very accurate but very susceptible to wind drift with light breezes. I tried the Savage 17 WSM and it was a great round but in the pencil barreled and lightweight plastic stock, was not as accurate as the 17 HMR rifles. 1.5" groups vs. 5 shot groups covered with a dime at 100 yards for the 17 HMR. If you can get one in the Savage bull barrel model and/or put an improved stock on it, it will shoot a lot better. It is still accurate enough to shoot porkers in the head in your cabbage patch.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• phone 3-28-2020 094.jpg
      phone 3-28-2020 094.jpg
      237.4 KB · Views: 87

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Before this gets derailed off onto 17 Maggot rifles, here is the only review that I have found on the Rossi 22 Magnum auto rifle on the Impact Guns site:

Overall this little rifle will turn out to be a popular gun. Out of the box it has some problems. First read the manual and clean all of the protective coatings and grease and clean thoroughly. While cleaning ;dry fire by putting your thumb on the hammer and pull trigger. Do not let the hammer slam forward. Stop it with your other thumb. I did this many times and the trigger pull dropped by 2 pounds at least. Effectively you are polishing the fine burrs from trigger and sear. It does make a difference. Second, and this is something that Rossi (or their manufacturing company) should do. The end of the barrel chamber has very sharp edges that should be polished out (not sanded, not filed) but polished with polishing compound and jeweler rouge. The sharp edges actually will shave the brass and leave the action covered in tiny brass shavings. More important, jams caused will damage the bullets. Jamming and failure to load will result. I went through 7 or 8 bullet types and shapes. The sharp edge on chamber will grab the bullet right where the casing begins. Many jams. Shot a couple of hundred rounds first day. During my second cleaning (first was out of box) I polished the barrel end. Just polished and just the edge with a dremel tool and felt cone with polishing paste and rouge. NOTE: You are not removing material just polishing the edge. Second time out I shot many more shots. It favors the more pointed bullet shapes but now feeds almost all ammo. It is very accurate and fun to shoot. Looking forward to my third trip to the range.

PS I had a number of different 17HMR rifles and pistols when it first came out and all were very accurate but very susceptible to wind drift with light breezes. I tried the Savage 17 WSM and it was a great round but in the pencil barreled and lightweight plastic stock, was not as accurate as the 17 HMR rifles. 1.5" groups vs. 5 shot groups covered with a dime at 100 yards for the 17 HMR. If you can get one in the Savage bull barrel model and/or put an improved stock on it, it will shoot a lot better. It is still accurate enough to shoot porkers in the head in your cabbage patch.
    Well done Hunter. Thanks for that. Hoping to pick mine up this week and I’ll be sure to go that route before I shoot.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a Marlin tube fed, hunt with it often. I don’t like a mag sticking down for carrying purposes as most times I’m doing quite a bit of walking, that’s just a personal preference. Looks like a fun little rifle for the price.

Anything like this? That micro groove goodness.
    7d4dbc1e5f3d818f8112357b6c78928e.jpg

39db60432d46d28e9dac3f184707d574.jpg

2ec90b81912dd468cbd70b0711b860fa.jpg

6069aec2ed94b5b93ce53830aff21ce3.jpg

1a74cc5654905c36620f19d8f477ef2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    I too have taken a fair amount of hogs with the 22 mag and 17hmr. My favorite is my cz semi auto loaded with 45 grain personal defense rounds. Took a 200 pounder in February with that combo

Top Bottom