.223 REM Reloading Powder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i like aa2230 but thats all i have loaded. i do have 1lb of ramshot tac that im going to try out at some point. never used varget as it costs about $20 or so more for an 8lb keg than the 2230

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    i like aa2230 but thats all i have loaded. i do have 1lb of ramshot tac that im going to try out at some point. never used varget as it costs about $20 or so more for an 8lb keg than the 2230

Additionally, since it's a ball powder, 2230 does meter better than Varget. But for me, Varget yielded better accuracy

longnkrnch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    I get great results with Varget and 65grn bullets, but H335 may work better on the lighter bullets. Varget is a slower powder. I am going to start loading some 40grn soon and plan to start with H335.

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    I've only tried three. AA2230, Varget, and Ramshot Tac. Varget didn't meter well in the dillon. Ramshot Tac worked pretty good for the heavier 69 and 77 gr stuff. AA2230 flowed like water through the powder dispenser. Its so easy to use and works so I've stopped trying other powders for 55 gr stuff.

Zephyr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Polk
    H335 is a good all around choice. For heavy bullets and faster twists (75gr+ out of a 1/8 or 1/7) I switch to benchmark or varget, but that's usually only for longer ranges.

Hawgman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    For now what ever you can find on the store shelves that works with your grain bullet.
    I like to double up and use a powder in two calibers if possible.....
    Take a pic with your phone in Lyman or other reloading book of the calibers you shoot and that way you have it with you at the store.

Top Bottom