223 upper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcvititow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    gonzales
    What upper are y'all running for mid to far distance. 300-600 yards. I know everyone is getting into 1/8 twist but who has a good upper that's reasonable? Should be picking up a lower in a few days and trying to see what y'all are running since there are a good bit of ar guys on here.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    What upper are y'all running for mid to far distance. 300-600 yards. I know everyone is getting into 1/8 twist but who has a good upper that's reasonable? Should be picking up a lower in a few days and trying to see what y'all are running since there are a good bit of ar guys on here.

What are your goals? Are you going to run the gun hard, say some carbine-classes/3-gun and need a durable hard-use barrel that will give good accuracy, or is this to be a 20-24" bench/bipod gun, or what?

If you want a bench/bipod gun, it's hard to beat LaRue Tactical's Stealth line of uppers. If you want a hard-use gun, then a BCM upper with a hammer-forged barrel would be a budget option, while Noveske would be the higher end option, with their hammer forged and M249 spec barrels.

jcvititow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    gonzales
    Not hard use but I would like it to be accurate enough that when I want to shoot out to say 600 it's there. Most of my guns I use for hunting but I want this kinda dual purpose target hunting if that makes sense.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Not hard use but I would like it to be accurate enough that when I want to shoot out to say 600 it's there. Most of my guns I use for hunting but I want this kinda dual purpose target hunting if that makes sense.

What kind of 600 yard accuracy are you demanding the system be mechanically capable of?

It sounds like the LaRue stealth would be a good choice, or a Noveske SPR setup. Both are top of the line, just depends on whose kool aid you want to be drinking.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom