22lr bolt acvtion rifle question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    A friend wants to buy a 22LR bolt action rifle and plans on purchasing a Reminton because it's a familiar name. I have heard that since Freedom Group took over Remington some models have had problems. I know Ruger is still an independant company, how do their bolt action rifle compare to Remington? Or Browning?Are there any other brands that you can recommend in place of Remington? Money is not a big factor, he's willing to spend a few bucks. Mainly for his son to plink with.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    I have a Savage Mk II and a CZ 452 Varmint. Both are boringly accurate with Wolf MT or SK JAGD (same ammo different box).
    The fit and finish on the CZ is much better, however it is also more $. Neither is any more accurate than the other, one ragged hole..

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a recently purchased Ruger M77/22lr in walnut/blue. I haven't shot any other bolt actions and, now, probably never will. I can't imagine any other rifle being more accurate than this Ruger. Same hole shots are common. This is the finest 22lr I have ever owned. There may be other bolts that shoot as well but, I will never own one.

Top Bottom