24 Hour Marinade Flank Steak Fajitas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Bought a 1.31lb flank steak to marinade overnight (24 hours total). Before marinading I like to smash it flatter with a mallet so it cooks evenly.

Marinade consists of:
    1/4 cup Soy Sauce
    1/4 cup Lime Juice
    1/2 tbspn Red Pepper Flakes
    1/2 tbspn Paprika
    1/2 tbspn Ground Cumin

Cook 3 minutes on each side, then let rest wrapped in two layers of aluminum foil. Cut against the grain and :eek3:

28050482320_18bd904140_c.jpg

28298550386_84ba384f91_c.jpg
    28050481560_851aa9fd4f_c.jpg

Last edited:

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Good looking fajita meat. How do like your Shun knife? I love mine, it's a fine piece of cutlery. The wife is afraid of it and won't use it. It's too sharp for her!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You forgot one crucial ingredient in your marinade... 1/4 cup Pusser's rum. Grill on stern of sailboat and serve. ;)

I'm going to experiment a little next time. Possibly do two steaks and taste each with different marinades.

Good looking fajita meat. How do like your Shun knife? I love mine, it's a fine piece of cutlery. The wife is afraid of it and won't use it. It's too sharp for her!

I love it, but I'd never pay full price for it. I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond during black friday with a ton of coupons for $40ish. It's a great knife, but it has limits. I think it's silly that they waste time etching fake damascus lines, but that's just me. There are a ton of true Japanese custom knives that can be had in the $80-200 range, and those will all be my next purchases.

Dave....what kind of beer is in the glass?...lol. jk....it looks fancy as hell. Did it go well with the meal?

Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon Russian Imperial Stout :D

And it absolutely went well with the meal. I'm tempted to go get a few more bottles.

Top Bottom