$25 AR15 & AR10 lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Pretty sure you have to pay for shipping. Not clear on what will be needed to complete the receiver but so far it looks like only having to locate and drill all the holes.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    You will have to drill the holes for the FCG pins and mill out the section where the FCG sits.

EDIT - Might be mistaken, we will find out!

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Thank god i happen to be friends and work with some guys that have been machining longer than i have been alive that have said they will do it for me

Just a FYI, from what I understand you have to do it yourself.
    If someone finishes it for you, then they are manufacturing it and need the proper license.

That being said, they can set it up and you can pull the lever or push the button.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    There's another similar page on that rocket hub site where the company failed to follow through on its promise. Supposedly a full refund was given to everyone. I'm having issues trying to find the link. :(

Not saying anything negative, just pointing out that well, if it seems too good yada yada....

Jcd9537

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    There's another similar page on that rocket hub site where the company failed to follow through on its promise. Supposedly a full refund was given to everyone. I'm having issues trying to find the link. :(

Not saying anything negative, just pointing out that well, if it seems too good yada yada....

Most of the time if the company has a 50k goal and doesn't reach it then money gets refunded. Not sure how it works if the company gets necessary funds and doesn't end up delivering the product.

68Percy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Husser, Louisiana
    I'll take a gamble on the ar-15 and the 1911 receivers... $80 isn't bad considering my 10-22 receiver and jig ran nearly double that.

I built a 10-22 from a 80% receiver and turned out pretty sweet imo.

3 shot group at 100 yds after I mounted a 3x9 scope that I had laying around.

Last edited:

alfalfa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Not to be a buzzkill, but I don't see how they're going to fund a new cnc by pricing lowers beneath the cost of the aluminum stock.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Got an email from the guy putting it on saying mine should be shipped by mid june as promised. Once that day comes and goes then I will start to get skeptical

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't see how a receiver's weight in aluminum can cost even half as much as what they as asking. I have no interest in this, but I just don't see how that could be given that the receivers can't weigh very much and aluminum is just under $.82/lb right now.

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    For a 3"x5"x7" block of 7075 you are looking at 10.65 pounds so at $.82/lb thats $8.73. Theres a lot more that goes into that but the material cost is low

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Well, if it pans out, there will be several of us with 80% nice lowers for $25 each. And then others will be wishing they'd taken the chance. I figure I **** away that much money every two weeks on BS at the store, so I did without a few minor things this week and took the chance. If it bites me in the @ss, I'm not really that concerned with it.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Looks like a bunch of us took a chance. How many bought the jig? If and a big if, if this all works out I plan to use the jig for my two receivers and then sell the jig to the next guy. I dont see a reason for everyone here to buy the jigs. I figure the jig was 50 I will use it and pas it on for 30. I hope it gets passed around alot and everyone can come out with good lowers.. But its all a big if right now

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I'm confused.....the project in the two links are the same and the jig is provided. Opps, are you in on a different deal?

I'll admit that I fronted for the ar10 & 1911 frames. I've got no idea how I'm gonna have that ar lower milled out. I'm hoping the 1911 frame just needs holes punched.

Top Bottom