25m 50m 100m sight-in for AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABM

This is fargin' war
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Lafayette
    What is your opinion of sighting in your AR rifle at 25m vs 50m vs 100m? Goodburbon helped me sight in my two ARs at 25m and there was an appreciable need for hold-under at 100m on the Tangi range. Any of you sight in at these ranges and why do you think that particular distance serves you so well?
    Thanks for your input.

ABM

This is fargin' war
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Lafayette
    Narco and Dragon thanks for the reply. I was leaning that way after shooting and then seeing a trajectory chart for each with 55gr and 62 grain bullets. Will try to get to Sherborne in a few days to re-sight both. I wonder what others with the 25m or 100m sight-in find so compelling about that particular distance.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    my bro in law is just out of the marines and he was telling me to sight in at 36yds and at that range you are on at iirc 300yds he told me to adjust the front post and set the rear at 3/5 and then the rest i dont remember but you turn the rear dial for the different yards and it should be on.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sight it in? I thought that ya'll owned AR's just to accessorize and look tacticool.

:)

200m makes the most sense to me. If you have access to range with that far of a distance. However if you're using a scope with a BDC (bullet drop compensator) adjust it for what ever range the manufacturer recommends.

Dave

Dave

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I use the military zero Targets and sight in at 300 Meters. It's what I learned while in the Service, and feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    other then palo alto where can you zero at 200 meters? would 200 yards be close enough? cuz i know the ranges are normally in yards not meters.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Just run the numbers on a ballistic computer. Put the zero at 220 yards, see what the trajectory is at 200 yards and sight your rifle in for the amount high at 200 yards. You will be on at 200 meters. It probably will be around 1/2" if that is important to you.

Top Bottom