2707 Yard 1.54mi shot!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Whats up everyone, I wanted to share this little video I made shooting the Savage 110BA 338 Lapua at a distance of 2707 yards. I was using 300gr Berger bullets traveling at 2740 FPS. This shot required about 35 mils of hold over, with the nightforce NXS I was able to dial 27.5 mils, back the magnification off to 13X and use the bottom of the 5 mil reticle. With a flight time of just over 5 seconds it comes in pounding with 740ft-lbs of energy at 1.54mi away. Let me know if you enjoyed the video, thanks!

2707 yard shot! 1.54mi

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    That was pretty bad ass!!! Very impressive. Where was this filmed and shot at? Doesn't look like a location in Louisiana that I familiar with.

Grizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    You guys are both correct, this was shot in southern Colorado only a few minutes away from NM. Glad you guys enjoyed the vid and thanks for the comments!

Grizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    ok, I played you video intro in sync with linkin park burn it down, so they were both playing at the same time, and it sounded pretty cool. Try it
    lol, I'll check that out!

Nice shooting!

How's the recoil on that Savage? One I'm looking at...
    Thanks, the recoil isn't that bad at all. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse before I bought the rifle.

Top Bottom