2nd Amendment Demonstration at the State Capitol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    If there starts to be a little more organization going on with this than there appears to be now, I'll attend.

I assume they would want to open carry, but if a permit is issued for the demonstration that would make OCing illegal.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Looks very unorganized at this point. They had a guy from occupy arrested for speaking at the capitol without a permit but I am not sure if you need one for a group of people to just show up? BRPD is very quick to throw around disturbing the peace charges, add a gun and no organization, this could turn out with the opposite effect.

ZingZang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    R.S. 40:1379.3 defines the State Capitol as a prohibited area for concealed carry. Personally I don't think open carry would be a good idea, though I don't know the legalities of that issue on the grounds of the State Capitol.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    It's being put on by a 2nd amendment website. I know a lot of people planning to attend and it's around the state Capitol not actually at it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357767603.536418.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Looks very unorganized at this point. They had a guy from occupy arrested for speaking at the capitol without a permit but I am not sure if you need one for a group of people to just show up? BRPD is very quick to throw around disturbing the peace charges, add a gun and no organization, this could turn out with the opposite effect.

Why do you think BRPD is quick to throw around disturbing the peace charges?

ZingZang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Have you --- or has anyone else -- been able to find out who (if anyone) is somewhat organizing this thing? I'm just seeing lots of comments on their Facebook page.

ZingZang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    That's the same day as the "Gun Appreciation Day" thing -- which at least in terms of the date seems better. My initial thought about the Feb 8th thing was that it might literally be too late, since Biden has stated that they will act by the end of the month.

ZingZang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    I just realized that the 19th is a Saturday -- seems like that might have less effect than doing it on a weekday when the dummies are at work.

Top Bottom