3/4 ton diesel trucks poll

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevy, Ram or Ford

• Ram

Votes: 18 25.7%
    • Chevy

Votes: 21 30.0%
    • Ford

Votes: 31 44.3%

• Total voters

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Me too. Not much info out there really. I want to know how much it weighs. It's quite possible it's as heavy as 3/4 ton and if so it may be underpowered. I've been paying attention to any and all info released but honestly buying a first year model of anything isn't smart.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    the new (07-to today) Cummings from what i have seen don't like stop and go traffic they need/love the open road more that city driving i do miss my 5.9

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I had the mind to buy a new diesel 3/4ton a few months back but decided against it because I didn't want to spend that much on something I don't drive very often. Weighing my options and price, the dodge got the vote. This was slightly slanted as the dodge is the only stick shift in the bunch and I like to row my own. 2500 megacab 4x4 cummins/6 speed with the black package. By far the best looking truck on the road in my mind and priced reasonably less than comparable gm/ford.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Pulled the trigger on this guy today.
    3176586e4e5e3cb39904d41908502042.jpg

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    Most RV parks I have been to I see mostly Dodges. Also most people towing larger trailers at the ATV parks have Dodges/Rams. DEF isn't a big deal. A couple gallons every 5000 miles at $2.79/gal at a truck stop. Of course I would rather not have it so maybe one day it will fall off my truck or something...

Of course the cummins is very proven and desired, but in stock form make the least power. Dodge is the only thing you can get with a stick shift.
    All 3 are rough on front end parts, that's part of the game with an 8000 pound truck.
    Personal opinions:
    Chevy has the best comfort ride but least robust front end. Probably the best auto trans of the lot.
    Ford has the highest buy in cost, nicest available interior and the body and axles will outlast the others.
    Dodge will literally fall apart around the engine, weaker auto trans and interior and body don't hold up well.

The manual trans Ram has the least power, but the auto does not. Torque wise, which is what is most important for towing, it is rated higher than GM. 800ftlb vs 765. The Aisin equipped Ram trucks are rated at 850ft lb. Interior wise Ram is better than Ford IMO. My Dad's Ford and our Ford work truck squeak and creak like an old wagon. I haven't had much seat time in the 2014+ GMs. The previous generation (which I owned) was not nearly as nice as the Ram or Ford.

I was a GM guy but after my 2007 GMC I went to Ram a few years ago and haven't looked back. I absolutely loved my 2010 half ton but I needed a bigger truck for a toy hauler so I went with a 2014 Ram 2500.

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    Best price I could find was at Sterling. Internet sales guy was easy to deal with. He met the lowest price I could find online and gave me what I wanted for my trade.

Top Bottom